I am selling a silver trade-in Wyred 4 Sound ST-500 stereo power amplifier. I originally sold this amp in August 2011. It will have the balance (28 months) of the 3 year factory warranty. It is in perfect shape and rated 9/10.
The ST-500 is a 250 watts per channel stereo power amplifier that does 500 watts into 4 ohm loads. My trade-in is in 9/10 condition and looks and sounds great. Approximately 2 years warranty left.
Reviews have been exceptional on the ST-500. It is the warmest of the ICE amps.
The ST-500 is a true dual mono design. The only common parts are the chassis itself and the power cord. The ST-500 uses the same ICE based amplifier power modules as the Jeff Rowland $4700.00 watt mono amps and the $4000.00 Bel Canto Ref 500M.
They are then modified to sound better. Modifications include extensive use of Dale resistors and Muse audiophile grade capacitors as well as other upgraded parts. These amps also feature a custom buffered dual FET input stage designed by Bascom King. This very high quality input stage has an input impedance of 61k to work with both solid state and tube preamps.
You will find all specifications listed below, but it is worth noting that these amps have a distortion level below 0.02% and a damping factor of 2000.
See the technical info at the bottom of this ad.
Features are below this ad.
We accept Visa and MasterCard as well as money orders. Read out AudiogoN #1 rated feedback and then call me at 770-667-5633 or email to discuss this fine amp.
GA shipments pay 6% sales tax
ST-500 stereo power Amplifier
- 250W into 8ohms (conservatively)500w into 4 ohms
- Two ohm stable operation
- Balanced and unbalanced input
- Gold plated RCA inputs
- Custom buffered input stage w/61K ohm input impedance
- WBT insulated binding posts
- Dual mono design-Two monos in one box
- Extremely low noise
- Enhanced powerful bass
- Warm and inviting
- Very good low level resolution & detail
- Huge soundstage
- Excellent imaging
- Very low low distortion
- Powered by ICE POWER®.
- FULL OUTPUT THD+N < 0.01% 8Ω
- 83 % total efficiency @ FULL OUTPUT
- CCIF Intermodulation distortion = 0.002%, 19kHz/20kHz
- Damping factor = 2000, 100Hz, 8 ohm
- Factory Selectable mains 115/230VAC
- Stand-by power consumption 4.1W
- Thermal protection
- Over current protection
- DC output protection
• Sound optimized soft clip
• Rugged construction
• Laser Etched 3/8" Milled and Anodized Aluminum Front panel
• Chromium finished WBT insulated 5 way binding posts
• Gold plated unbalanced (RCA) inputs
• Neutrik Balanced (XLR) inputs
Acoustic Zen, Audio Space tube electronics, Bob Carver tube Amps, Creek, Denon, Emerald Physics, Epos, Gallo speakers, Gini Systems LS3/5A speakers, Graham Slee, Jolida, LSA amps & speakers, Marantz Reference, Modwright amps & preamps, Mordaunt Short speakers, Music Hall, Peachtree Audio, Project, PS Audio, PurePower AVPS, Quad, Rolls Bellari, Silverline Audio Speakers, SONOS, Spatial Computer, Wadia small product, Wireworld, Wyred 4 Sound, Wywires.
Sales policies on our website at www.underwoodhifi.com