Audio enthusiast and freelance audio professional.
I believe that listening is the ultimate test. Since most audio gear contains some unintentional colorations; it could be any number of things; from the quality of parts, to circuit design, the operating topology of the output stage, the level of technology, cost savings etc. Synergy between every part of the system needs to be in alignment. I take online measurements, hi-fi magazines, and reviews skeptically; rather than seriously.
My forte is accurate audio systems that can achieve summit-fi or hi-fi levels of performance. If it was produced, recorded, mixed, and mastered properly, we can expect truly sublime audio quality. Perhaps even a transformative listening experience; as though we are in the studio or at a live event. And if not, there are more than a handful of mistakes that must be corrected with the process of post-production known as mastering, which I am fond of !
"The Audio Hobby" has provided me with plenty of happiness and enjoyment over the years. It is a rewarding way to spend our spare time. My reasons for more than one system and lots of headphones etc. is the freedom of choice and the novelty to satisfy my mind with fresh and unique listening sessions. I have an eidetic/auditory memory where I can describe exactly what each system or headphone sounds like in a particular configuration. Every layperson who hears one or more of my systems suddenly becomes a believer and wants to build a system of their own.
a song about Western Civilization:
Useful Audio for Better Living
--> Quickly burn in your new headphones, speakers, audio components + more content!
Some details about my set up:
- custom-made silver cables for all systems (it is the best conductor of electricity)
- Cardas 6.3mm adapter (silver/rhodium-plated = marginally improves gain)
- Gigabyte Aero 17 [undervolted] Laptop (power mode; reduced brightness; silent)
- Sandisk SDXC card for music playback right beside USB - DAC bus for no latency
- Premium Power Conditioner (4 outlets, up to 15 A, does everything for under $200)
My headphone collection (for now)
1. - Pioneer SE-Master 1
2. - Pioneer SE-MJ591
3. - AKG K872
4. - EXCEL SOUND ES-6500
5. - Pioneer SE-Monitor 10R
6. - Sony MDR-M1st
7. - Denon AH-MM400
8. - Pioneer SE-Monitor 5
9. - Pioneer HRM-7
10. - Denon AH-D7200
11. - Pioneer SE-M380
12. - Pioneer SE-MHR5
13. - Playboy Icon 1
14. - Beats by Dre Executive
15. - Sennheiser HD-560s
16. - Sennheiser HD-569
17. - NAD HP50
18. - AKG K270 STUDIO
19. - Meters (ashdown engineering) Novu-1
20. - Focal Utopia 2020
21. - Audio Technica ATH-DSR7BT
22. - Louise & Mann 5 Bluetooth Headphones
23. - KEF M500
24. - Sony MDR-1A
25. - Sony MDR-1A BT
26. - Pioneer SE-M870
27. - Heil Sound - Pro Set 3
28. Super Dynamic MODEL HP-160S
29. - 3M OPTIME 101 - hearing protector
--> used for 5 minutes after listening sessions to preserve my hearing.