Linn Akiva Cartridge with approximately 1200 hours on it. The Akiva was Linn'a top of the line cartridge until a few years ago when replaced by the Kandid and is still an excellent cartridge. The Akiva can be traded in against a Kandid for a significant credit. This Akiva still sounds good and has life left in it although it is no longer at what was its top performance.
Linn Akiva Moving Coil Phono Cartridge
The AKIVA is Linn’s newest moving coil cartridge and represents our continued commitment to deploying new technology and new knowledge in the pursuit of improving music reproduction from the irreplaceable store of music performance that continues to accumulate on vinyl recordings.
The design of the AKIVA cartridge incorporates a new and advanced magnetic assembly structure to produce a higher output with noticeably better tracking and even lower distortion than previous cartridge products. The integrity of the AKIVA cartridge design ensures greatly improved signal transference without loss of vital information and without any spurious noise from this super-precise, ultra-linear, direct coupled, moving coil cartridge.
The advanced magnetic assembly structure in the AKIVA cartridge is constructed around a machined from the solid alloy carcass for complete rigidity, and the optimally damped suspension mechanism supports hand-wound coils secured in a high precision rigid assembly, terminated with gold contacts.
- Finest nude diamond stylus
- Triple-point mounting system to ensure accurate coupling to tonearm
- Machined-from-solid alloy body for rigidity
- Ceramic Boron cantilever provides ultra low mass and extremely high rigidity
- Precision transducer has minimum sensitivity to spurious vibration
- Gold contacts for accurate and reliable connection
- Advanced magnetic materials
- Precision assembly control, providing the finest musical detail.
Low output Moving-Coil phono cartridge
1.6g - 1.9g
Pin connection type:
> 50 ohm
Separation at 1kHz:
Better than 30dB
Channel balance at 1kHz:
+/- 0 .5dB
Output at 1kHz @ 3.45cm/s:
Rigid, medium mass - ideally Linn ITTOK or EKOS