State of the CD Player in like new condition with very few hours. Looks and performs flawlessly. Factory set for 120V - 60Hz. Built like a German Tank with a beautiful design.
OFFERS WELCOME BUT LOW BALLERS AND TIRE KICKERS WILL BE IGNORED.
Customs Clearance, duties and taxes are buyers responsibility. Insurance if needed at buyer's expense: 2% of total declared value.
Organic, musical, with seamless coherence. Involving and depth soundstage with palpable instruments of realistic size with natural timbre and tone. Outstanding detail retrieval and transparency. Seductive Harmonics and textures with incredible resolution at low level. Extended and articulated bass. Lifelike dynamics and incredibly fast transients.
This is one of the most flexible and versatile High-End Audio Components. Its Analog Control in 60 increments for direct connection to power amps makes it a great preamp. Its XLR analog input allows to connect a phono preamp or tuner. It also has 2 digital inputs to connect a Music Server or transport.
PAYPAL FEE INCLUDED AT MY ASKING PRICE.
INSURANCE IF NEEDED AT BUYERS EXPENSE: 2% OF TOTAL.
Customs Clearance, duties and taxes are buyers responsibility.
FROM THE Burmester web site:
"The main focus of the 089 belt-drive CD player is the perfect blend of sound, innovation and design. In near ideal fashion the top-loading player unites latest developments with proven technology and a timeless, stylish appearance. For many years now the belt-drive system, developed by Burmester, in combination with sample rate conversion and cutting-edge D/A conversion has set the standards worldwide in CD playback. Inspired by analog turntables the belt-drive system for CD players completely decouples the laser pickup from any vibration of the drive motor. The audible result of the high-precision data readout is an astonishing degree of musicality and spaciousness.
The Burmester-typical chrome front panel characterizes the visual appearance of the 089 CD player. Feeding a CD into the top loader with its smoothly sliding cover is by itself a high-end experience. The vibration-absorbing feet with carbon fiber damping for optimal mechanical decoupling are another link to the Reference Line. The belt-drive unit is encapsulated in a massive low-resonance chamber. All this contributes to the open, airy and detailed musicality Burmester components are renowned for.
Like all Burmester components the 089 CD player is hand-assembled by highly trained technicians in the Berlin factory. Almost all subassemblies are purchased from German suppliers because Burmester takes the quality label “Made in Germany” very seriously. Each unit has to pass a multifaceted testing and adjustment procedure before shipping to ensure that it is in perfect condition
The Top Line 089 Belt-Drive CD Player combines brand-new developments with distinguished technologies from our Reference Line products. The inter- play between the Burmester-invented belt-drive, SRC-function to 96kHz/24bit or 192kHz/24bit with the according conversion, is regarded internationally as benchmark technology. The belt-driven CD Player has the advantage of de- coupling the laser from the drive motor. As a result, the readout of the CD is si- gni cantly higher, because it is not af icted with electrical jitter. The beltdrive is located in a solid, low-resonance chamber.
Due to its two digital inputs and selectable volume control, the 089 has an additional preamplier-function. The digital inputs allow the connection of further external sources. These sources can also bene t from the internal, im- proved D/A-converter (up to 192kHz/24 bit). Music is reproduced at its utmost perfection. Like all Burmester components, the D/A converter is designed with balanced circuit technology. The subsequent lter stages and X-Amp2 output stages, are fully balanced without distorting capacitors in the signal path. For the use of the preampli er function, the 089 is also equipped with an analog input for the connection of analog sources.
Like the 088 Preampli er, the 089 CD Player uses X-Amp2 modules for the out- puts. These modules, formely only used in Burmester Reference Line products, are primarily responsible for the extraordinary sound that has been awarded with numerous reference titles in the past."
· Belt-drive guarantees ideal data sampling
· Drive unit is capsuled in solid, low-resonance chamber
· The special drive unit construction results in warm, full-bodied sound
· Latest D/A-converting technology with selctable sample rate conversion to 96kHz/24bit or 192kHz/24bit for relaxing high-range reproduction (also for external digital sources)
· 2 digital inputs up to 192kHz: S/PDIF RCA 75 Ohm coaxial & TORX for optical fiber cables.
· 1 Balanced analog input, XLR for the connection of an analog source such as FM Tuner or Phono Preamp.
· Balanced processing of the analog signal from the D/A converter for higher dynamics
· Separation of supply voltage for analog and digital circuit parts minimizes the in uence of digital high frequency on the analog output signal
· Additional filtering of supply voltage for the analog circuit part for an undistorted sound experience.
· Fixed and variable output
· Analog volume control in 60 increments for direct connection to power amps.
· 1 balanced analog output, XLR.
· 1 unbalanced analog output, RCA.
· 1 unbalanced analog TAPE output, cinch, for analog tape recordings
· Analog outputs are equipped with X-Amp2 output modules, proven and tested in the Reference Line CD Player 069.
· Selectable output amplification of the analog outputs for the adjustment to connected equipment: x (for the connection to preamplifiers or integrated amplifiers) or volume selectable (for the connection to power amplifiers or active loudspeakers)
· 2 DIGITAL OUTPUTS: for digital recordings, connecting to a digital amplifier or DAC: The terminal RCA requires a 75 Ohms coax cable with RCA plugs. The terminal TOTX sends optical signals via optical fiber cable with plugs according to TOSHIBA norm.
· MMI slot for future extensions (inputs and outputs of virtually any kind)
· Brightness of display adjustable in 4 steps, display-off function
· Vibration-isolating feet with carbon bre clips for ideal resonance decoupling
· Power controlling of other Burmester devices, Master/Slave via DC IN/OUT
· BURLINK for external control via RS-232 and USB as standard
· Remote control 005 included.
· SETUP-menu for individual adjustment of basic functions:
o Automatic start after readout of CD can be selected
o Output-ampli cation FIX or VARIABLE
o Serial number can be read out in display if desired
o Information like status of drive unit incl. Play, Pause and Stop can be read
out in display if desired
o Wake-Up volume can be programmed (in VARIABLE) o Factory-provided settings can be restored at any time.