The D100 stereo digital to analog converter is the sum of our quest for true audio fidelity. By combining the highest quality components with a solid scientific foundation, the D100 produces music that is free of coloration and true to the source.
Digital audio is processed by a Wolfson WM8804 which provides excellent jitter rejection. The signal is then fed to a pair of Burr-Brown PCM1794A chips operating in mono mode for the greatest dynamic range, highest signal-to-noise ratio, and complete channel separation.
The majority of high-end audio DACs utilize an active analog output stage comprised of op-amps, feedback circuitry, and additional filters. In contrast the D100 output stage is entirely passive and consists of 0.1% resistors with Jensen JT-123-EMCF transformers--the output is a pure audio signal.
As soon as I settled down to listen...WOW.
...the best DAC I've used to date.
- Jake Montzingo, Affordable$$Audio, Issue 42
...the DAC to beat for reasonably priced digital excellence.
Exceptional Value Award 2009
- Jeff Dorgay, TONEAudio Magazine
The sound? Pure bliss.
A clean uncolored sound that is bit-perfect from its source.
- Peter Davey, Positive Feedback Online, Issue 42
* 16-bit and 24-bit, 44.1kHz - 192kHz audio (176.4kHz not supported).
* Optical and transformer isolated coaxial inputs.
* Dual PCM1794A chips in mono configuration.
* Passive transformer-based analog output stage.
* Tantalum capacitors, 0.1% output resistors.
* Gold plated input and output connectors.
* High quality steel enclosure.
* Toroidal power transformer in separate shielded compartment.
* Inputs: optical and coaxial S/PDIF
* Outputs: RCA or balanced XLR
* Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz (+0 -0.10dB); 3Hz - 22kHz (-3dB) @ 44.1kHz; 20Hz - 20kHz (+0 -0.05dB); 3Hz - 31kHz (-3dB) @ 96kHz
* THD+N: <0.005% @ 44.1kHz -0dBFS; <0.012% @ 96kHz -0dBFS
* Dimensions: 10.5" (W) x 2.5" (H) x 6.5" (D)
* Weight: 5 lbs. 10 oz.
* Power: 115V; 230V available