For the ultimate high end audiophile setup with turntable or for studio use for vinyl recording/monitoring. All-original one-of-a-kind custom
RIAA/phono monitor rack FROM CAPITOL RECORDS NEW YORK AND (later) LOS ANGELES STUDIOS. Purchased in April 1977 directly from the
Capitol Records Chief Engineer. This is the very system used to monitor the vinyl lacquer masters of the BEATLES U.S. releases and hundreds
of other famous artists, from Cannonball Adderly and the Beach Boys to Woody Allen and Frank Zappa. (Provenance available with purchase.)
System consists of the following rack-mounted components, from BOTTOM TO TOP in the photo:
(1) Extremely rare stereo Shure SE-1, the "Holy Grail" of phono preamps / RIAA equalizers, with PDF of specs and schematic.
(2) NOTE: THIS ITEM OPTIONAL; SOLD SEPARATELY FOR $500: Altec 128A 30w power amp with original Operating Instructions and schematic.
(Altec is no longer cabled into this system; this mono amp was replaced by Capitol with the pair of Langevin amps for stereo monitoring.)
(3) Panel with pair of VU meters, range controls, and calibration.
(4) Langevin monitor amp rack-mount assembly, consisting of: (a) Matched pair of Langevin 138M 8-watt Amplifiers (s/n 0928, 0939) with
power supply plus JPEGs of specs and schematic (b) "Monitor Gains" control panel still hand-marked for "45" and "33" speeds.
(5) All contained in classic Bud cabinet 37"Hx22"Wx15"D with wiring harnesses and mating connectors.
CONDITION: All items original, all transformers good; some recapping recommended but left as original for collector value; inquire for details.
Weight 100lb is estimate; shipping weight TBD.
For more photos see: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mjl-kml/collections/72157629173146731/
PRICE: $3,900 without Altec, $4,400 with Altec, $500 for Altec only, or make offer