This is not your ordinary JE Labs Full function pre build (linestage and MM level phono). This unit, while not the most quiet, competes with units up to $10K and a couple over $10K (that I have experience with). Lofty claims but I have owned a lot of equipment while this unit remained in my system.
Due to the overbuilt power supply, this unit has lots of drive and carries a tune well. The pre war tubes (tubes designed specifically for audio) provide huge tone. No negative feedback and battery bias provides sublime transparency and detail.
Should you need pre RIAA playback, this surpasses all of the vintage units I have owned and no restoration needed.
This was built for me three years ago by James Burgess. Features include:
1. Multiple playback curves - RIAA, AES, Columbia, London, AES, and 78
2. Mono switch
3. Loading for 1K or 47K. 1K was selected for optimization for the Denon 102 mono cartridge. The nice feature here is that you have more than one loading option and can simply solder in whatever resistor you like whilst keeping the 47K option.
4. Hi and Low output. The Low output is simply output minus the 76 linestage. I used this when going into other active linestages.
5. Choice of 76 or 6J5 for the linestage.
6. 6F8G in place of 6SN7. The best 6F8Gs are cheaper and equal/better than the best 6SN7s.
7. Premium parts galore, zebrawood chassis, and thick panels express top plates.
Includes numerous tubes of each type including a Bendix rectifier (note here that 6F8Gs have gone up significantly since this unit was built and you will get two pairs). All of my tubes were bought as NOS or testing at NOS levels.
Email for photos if you cannot see them. Please be sure to include contact info (email) in order to avoid problems with Audiogon communication methods. Thanks.
If using paypal, please add 3% for fees.