Pictures will be updated soon...
The MC601 monoblock amplifier features the classic McIntosh design yet is timelessly handsome. It produces an extraordinary 600 watts of power – more than enough to drive virtually any loudspeaker. And thanks to our unique Autoformer™, this full 600 watts is delivered into 2, 4 or 8 ohm speakers.
Like many of our other amplifiers, the MC601 employs our Quad Balanced design from input to output; this design cancels virtually all noise and distortion that may have snuck into the audio signal. As a result, the signal is still as clean as when it entered the amplifier – even when amplified to high levels.
The MC601 is full of many other noted McIntosh technologies. Power Guard® will prevent harsh sounding clipping that could damage your speakers. Our patented Solid Cinch™ speaker binding posts ensure the best connection to all types of speaker cables for worry free operation. Our fuse-less short-circuit protection circuit Sentry Monitor™ disengages the output stage before current exceeds safe operating levels and then resets automatically when operating conditions return to normal. Inputs for both balanced cables and unbalanced cables are available to provide flexibility in connecting to the rest of your system. The alluring blue meter is not only a great conversation starter but also provides a fast and accurate reading of the amplifier’s power output.
Visually, the MC601 is beautiful to look at with a polished stainless steel chassis, a classic glass front panel, knobs and brushed aluminum handles that all seamlessly blend with any room decor. The MC601 is an ideal choice for stereo music systems using one per speaker or multiple per speaker in bi-amp or tri-amp configurations. It is also well suited for use in home theater systems, using one to drive each home theater speaker. Contact your local dealer to learn more.
- Power Output per Channel 600 Watts @ 2, 4 or 8 Ohms
- Number of Channels 1
- Total Harmonic Distortion 0.005%
- S/N below rated output Balanced: 124dB
- Dynamic Headroom 1.8dB
- Damping Factor >40 Wideband
- Rated Power Band 20Hz to 20kHz
- Frequency Response +0, -0.25dB from 20Hz to 20,000Hz
+0, -3.0dB from 10Hz to 100,000Hz
- Remote Power Control Yes
- Multi-Channel DB25 Cable N/A
- Circuit Configuration Quad Balanced
- Circuit Design Solid State
- Mono Bridge N/A
- Mono Parallel N/A
- Autoformer Yes
- Meters Yes
- Meter Light Switch Yes
- Balanced Input 1
- Front Panel Glass with handles
- Illumination LED Fiber Optic Mesh
- Chassis Style Polished stainless steel & black painted steel
- Speaker Binding Post Type Patented Solid Cinch™ Speaker Binding Posts
WEIGHTS & DIMENSIONS
Dimensions (W x H x D)
- 17-1/2" (44.45cm) x 9-7/16" (23.97cm) (including feet) x 22" (55.88cm) (including front panel, handles and cables)
- Weight 93 lbs (42.18 kg)
- Shipping Weight 126 lbs (57.15kg)
Thank you for looking at this listing and reach out if you have any questions.