APL HiFi – NWO Master Edition DAC M digital analog converter. Designed and built by Alex Peychev of APL HiFi.
Features of Master DAC-M:
- Industry standard digital input receiver by Cirrus Logic accepting up to 192kHz/24bit.
- USB input based on XMOS chipset accepting up to 192kHz/24bit. No driver needed for Mac and Linux OS. Please inquire with APL Hi-Fi for a Windows driver.
- Asynchronous re-sampler with low jitter Master Clock working at 195kHz/32bit. Regardless of the input sample rates, the D/A converters always work at 195kHz/32bit.
- AK4399 D/A conversion devices by AKM working in Mono mode. Specially developed Class-A operation of the AK4399 analog output stage greatly reduces distortions.
- Since every AK4399 contains 4 D/A converters, the total count is 20 paralleled D/A converters per channel for improved signal to noise ratio and contributing to a richer sound quality.
- Differential Class-A tube output stage with vintage E182CC tubes by Philips and custom Lundahl output transformers wound with OFC wire.
- All-handmade boutique with OFC internal wiring for power supply and digital/analog signal paths.
- Two Coaxial RCA - One AES/EBU balanced - Asynchronous USB
- Single Ended RCA output and XLR
Convenience: - All aluminum enclosure. Infrared remote control machined from aluminum. - Attenuator control working in the 32 bit digital domain. - Large LCD display.