Arcam CD36 Cd Player is a very nice sounding and well built CD player in very nice clean condition for a great price, only has a couple of light marks on the top panel no scratches though very hard to see, noticeable only by close inspection, the face plate is in excellent clean condition and free of scratches, included is the original remote control and owners manual, don't have the original box but will be packed well to ensure safe arrival. All sales are final. Will only ship to the lower 48 US Cont. No trades, Local pickup available. Sales tax additional for sale in CA. add 3.5% for Paypal payment.
The FMJ CD36 is a further development of the CD33, with a new 4-layer printed circuit board, the use of 'stealth mat' technology and upgraded power supplies as the biggest differences.
- Quad Wolfson WM8740 Dacs on a four-layer fibreglass board using analogue averaging greatly increases linearity and reduce distortion
- Upsampling technology to 192kHz at 24-bit resolution allows the use of very high frequency analogue output filtering for improved phase and frequency response giving superb detail and sonic reality
- High stability 3rd overtone clock oscillator for ultra low jitter, improving stereo image and soundstage
- High quality ceramic capacitors improve de-coupling of high frequency signals, reducing electrical noise within the player’s circuitry
- Four-layer main board & display board using extra layers to ensure very low digital noise and eliminate most of the degradation caused by interference
- RF screening greatly reduces the Radio Frequency Inference (RFI) within the sensitive circuit paths giving a playback that is refined and controlled during all occasions
- Chassis treated with Accousteel damping, which eradicates mechanical interaction with the listening room or CD drive mechanism
Power supply design
- Dual toroidal mains transformers supplying DAC circuitry and controller sections. This allows complete separation of transport electrical noise from the sensitive DAC electronics
- Further power regulation using 10 separate regulated power supplies powering different sections of the CD36
- Mechanical shielding protects susceptible circuit boards from any residual magnetic fields the transformers may emit
- Power consumption (max) 32VA
- Size 430W x 290D x 85H mm inc. feet
- Weight (net) 6.5kg
The CD36 was the accumulation of everything Arcam had learnt about CD replay. Extensive re-engineering of the power supply and control electronics means the CD36 delivers a cleaner, more musical performance than previous players. Proven upsampling techniques and quad Wolfson DAC technology ensure the CD36 is one of the best dedicated CD players in the world.