Describing DAC's is like trying to describe the color blue. Mark Levinson is a very well respected name for the fact that their equipment is built to exacting standards and sounds great. The No. 36 DAC is no exception. Using a reference chipset the 36 can decodes 32khz, 44.1kHz, and 48kHz. Its also allows for 24 bit throughput to support SACD and HDCD.
At this level of conversion the 36 is capable of exceedingly fantastic resolution and definition. Feed it with a decent transport and you'll discover things in music you've enjoyed for decades.
This unit is in excellent condition and includes the original remote, manual, power cord and box. SPECIFICATIONS:
- Digital-to-Analog converter with HDCD decoding and 20-bit resolution
- Digital inputs: two AES/EBU on XLRs, two S/PDIF coaxial (one RCA, one BNC), one ST optical, one TosLink optical.
- Outputs: L&R balanced (XLR) and unbalanced (RCA) (analog), AES/EBU on XLR (digital), one each RJ-45 communications port and IR repeater port.
- Frequency response: 10Hz-20kHz, +0, -0.2dB.
- THD: 0.001% at 1kHz, 0dBFS, A-weighted.
- Dynamic range: 98dB (or better).
- S/N ratio: 105dB.
- Channel separation: better than 110dB.
- IM distortion (SMPTE IMD): 0.005%.
- FIFO jitter: under 20ps, uncorrelated.
- Output impedance: less than 6 ohms.
- Dimensions: 15.75" W by 3.76" H by 14.3" D.
- Weight: 35 lbs (shipping).
SALON 1 audio specializes in quality trades, used and demo equipment at a significant savings over retail. We are also dealers for some of the best names in the audio industry. With a hi-end audio showroom and listening room on Florida's East coast and we also ship worldwide.
SALON ONE WELCOMES TRADE-IN GEAR
We ship with UPS, Fed-Ex and various truck freight lines. All items are packed and padded with care if the original packaging is deemed insufficient. We know how exciting it is to anticipate the arrival of new gear and we want your item to arrive in the same condition it left our facility.