Sonus Faber is known for giving all of the details the attention they deserve. Stepping into the Olympica line adds a luxurious flair with highly detailed sound. Cabinets are finished and trimmed in real 'solid' woods, hi-quality leather and polished aluminum similar to that of their speakers in the $50K+ range. Specially designed and built drivers are specifically fitted into these cabinets creating a speaker to be longed for.
The Olympica III is the largest, flagship product in the line. It includes the precision detail and naturalness of the other Olympica's while solidly grounding the low end with the addition of a 3rd woofer in its larger cabinet. To many listeners these are capable of reference level performance, especially in the mid-frequencies. They play well with many quality amplifiers and are capable of providing a luxurious warmth and tonality that's truly satisfying to listen to for long sessions.
This pair is used and has some cosmetic flaws. However the drivers, grills and hardware look new. There are a few scratches and scuffs (all shown in the photos) and we'll as a cracked upper trim edge. We have not attempted any repairs so you can clearly see the flaws. With a bit of filler, stain and shoe polish, the flaws could be easily be hidden. No part of the speakers responsible for sound has any damage and the speakers play flawlessly.
The pair is in its original boxes, with all original packaging and accessories. We are offering an extended 1 year warranty on them as a courtesy as a Sonus Faber dealer. Shipping
: Due to size and weight, speakers will ship truck freight strapped on a small pallet. Residential delivery and lift-gate service may add fees depending on location. DESIGN SPECIFICATIONS:
- 3-Way, floor-standing, paralaminar stealth-flow vented loudspeaker.
- TWEETER - Proprietary DAD 29XRT2, Arrow Point tweeter. Combines the richness of their ring-radiator design with the timbre and dispersion of a soft dome. 29mm in diameter.
- MID-RANGE - 100% in-house design for complete control of its performance. Using a 150mm cone made from a combination of natural materials including one of the lightest known to man, Kapok. The result is ultra dynamic linearity and incredible reproduction especially of the female vocal range.
- WOOFERS - Direct descendants from the woofers using in the $120K Aida loudspeaker. They use a sandwich membrane for stiff and quick low frequency articulation. The result is amazing sound-stage well into the low frequencies. Never muddy or boomy.
- CROSSOVER - The design includes a non-resonant, progressive slope developed after many hours of listening. Both amplitude and phase response are optimized in space/time. Paracross topology is in use the the hi-pass and mid/woofer networks. All crossover component are to-shelf, Mundorf Evo Oil caps, Jantzen inductors, etc.
- CABINETS - Lyre shaped with triple thick progressive cabinet walls in SOLID WALNUT (No MDF). Hand finished to beyond furniture grade.
- Frequency Response - 35Hz to 30,000 Hz
- Sensitivity - 90 db
- Impedance - 4 Ohm
- Recommended amplification - 50 - 300 Watts
- Dimensions - (LxWxH) - 20" x 15.9" x 43.9"
- Weight (each) - 97 lbs
- Includes Accys - Manual, Original boxes, solid aluminum outriggers, polished spike feet, spike caps, floor protectors, grills. (All original)
SALON 1 Audio is a hi-end audio destination on the East coast of Florida. We are authorized dealers for many mainstream lines and have a reputation for offering above average value on trade-ins. Our on-line items include quality trades, used and demo equipment at a significant savings. Everything we sell has an extended or manufacturer warranty included. We are here to assist in any way we can.
For expert advice give us a call at (407) 953-9596
We ship worldwide with UPS, Fed-Ex and Various Truck Freight Lines. All items are packed and padded with care if the original packaging is deemed insufficient. We know how exciting it is to anticipate the arrival of new gear and we want your item to arrive in the same condition it left our facility.