EMOTIVA XPA-5 GEN 2
This is the
Heavy-Weight Gen 2 at 70lbs, not the new
light-weight Gen 3 at only 46lbs.
This amp is True Beast of an Amp.
I'm downsizing a bit, so you'll also find my other amps for
sale here too. Like my Aragon 8008BB and Aragon 4004MKII.
Unit is in excellent
It was stored in a
cabinet in a non-smoking, pet-free home.. Ships in original and packaging.
Topology: Fully discrete, dual differential,
high current, short signal path Class A/B.
Number of Channels: 5.
Power Output (rated power; THD < .1%): 200
watts per channel; all channels driven; into 8 Ohms. 300 watts per channel; all
channels driven; into 4 Ohms.
Rated Power Bandwidth (at rated power; 8 Ohm
load): 20 Hz to 20 kHz + / - 0.075 dB. Minimum Recommended Load Impedance: 4
Ohms; which equals one 4 Ohm load or two paralleled 8 Ohm loads.
Frequency Response: 10 Hz to 80 kHz (+ 0 / - 1.5
THD + noise: < 0.016%.
The XPA-5 is an audiophile-grade power amplifier
that provides five channels of superb quality audio amplification. The XPA-5
features our fully discrete, high-current, short signal path class A/B output
section, and all of the advanced engineering and high-quality construction
you've come to expect from Emotiva. The new second generation XPA-5 includes
all of the cutting-edge engineering and exceptional sound quality of our
original XPA-5, but adds a few extra refinements that make it even better.
Features offered by the second generation XPA-5 include:
• True audiophile-quality sound - the XPA-5 was
designed first and foremost to sound superb in both music and home theater
• Great sounding Class A/B topology and advanced
engineering - ensure smooth, detailed sound and incredibly natural imaging
while maintaining efficient performance.
• Heavy duty power supply with oversized
toroidal transformer - provides plenty of real power for demanding program
material, and has plenty of reserves to deliver signal peaks without any sense
• Top quality parts and construction throughout
- promise years of reliable service.
• Totally stable - designed for use in the real
world, with real speakers.
• New styling - an updated, more evolved version
of our classic XPA amplifier style.
• Front panel status LEDs - display XPA-5 status
and indicate fault conditions.
• Stealth mode - lets you disable the status
LEDs for discreet operation.
• Heavy steel 4RU chassis with milled aluminum
face plate - provide strength and rugged good looks.
• Gold plated five-way speaker binding posts
with clear shields - allow you to use a wide range of speaker cables with bare
wires, lugs, or banana plugs.
• Solid machined gold-plated RCA input
connectors - provide a reliable connection with a wide variety of audio
• Choice of balanced or unbalanced inputs -
independently controlled by high-reliability metal toggle switches to ensure
long service life.
• Remote trigger input and output - allow the
XPA-5 to be turned on by trigger-enabled equipment, and to activate other
• Audiophile-grade fault protection - entirely
transparent under normal conditions, yet protects the amp and your other
equipment from all common fault conditions.
• Universal AC line voltage operation - 115 VAC
or 230 VAC (with automatic detection and switching).
• Standard IEC power inlet - fits all standard
and audiophile IEC power cables.
Dimensions: 17” wide x 7.75” high x 19” deep; unboxed
(includes feet and binding posts). 23-1/2” wide x 12” high x 24-3/4” deep
Weight: 70.4 pounds unboxed (81.5 pounds boxed).