Up for sale is the pair of incredible Altec Lansing 1570BT Monoblock Amplifiers! This pair of Altec 1570BT Amplifiers are in very nice condition and one of the best-preserved pair you’ll ever see for sale!
These are the best of the Altec Lansing Amplifiers ever made!
Arthur Salvatore of High End Audio highly praises them in his tube amplifier list. Even though this particular pair is not Mr. Tutay modded 1570B version, the 1570BT version is the newer and updated release from Altec before it went poof.
They featured the incredible sounding Altec / Peerless (Made in USA) output and power transformers. With no music playing, they have very quiet background (no hum or buzz) on my 100dB+ sensitivity speakers after all the tubes are initialized for about 30 seconds since power on!
They can be used as standalone or rack mounted in the standard 19" Rack.
They are fully tech maintained and bench tested pair. Other than full recapping for electrolytic capacitors and some additions such as a fuse and a RCA connector, everything else is unmolested. I kept all the factory original parts and factory circuits that do not require fixing or modifications!
- Replaced and updated all the old and aged Electrolytic Capacitors in both amps even though the old ones are still working fine. I used the best cap Nichicon Japan and J&J for the electrolytic capacitors. The old Paper in Oil Cap is also removed from the circuit and used a very high-quality film capacitor for the better sound and quietness. I kept all the original circuit and schematic to the factory.
- Installed new RCA Connector so you can use your favorite RCA cable instead of the pigtail type used in the original design. The pigtail hookup terminals is also left intact and can be used instead of the RCA connector as well.
- Installed a new Fuse Holder and 5Amp Fuse for protection of the amplifier in case of tube failure in the future. Altec never installed a fuse in them since they are supposed to be used with the distribution panels that has fuse in them. But many people using 1570B without a fuse installed in one will regret if a tube failure occurred. Such tragic event is prevented in my amps with the addition of 5A fuses installed as seen in the pictures.
- All the other original Coupling Caps, resistors and parts are in very good condition with no signs of aging so I left them alone for the original vintage tone!
- All the original wiring is in very good condition and no need for replacement.
- Bench tested both amps and both amps are able to produce very clean 115W RMS power at 8ohm load with no signs of distortion or less than 0.01% distortion. They are rated for 165W power but at higher distortion.
- Cosmetically, they are very clean inside out with no signs of abuse or rust. The front covers look very good and near mint condition! One of the front covers has a little paint stain but it is very minor and may be removable. Both amps have very well preserved original factory paint that is still very presentable in person.
- The transformers bell covers have some small missing paint and rusty spots as they are nearly 60 years old. But the transformer works perfect and still very well preserved. You can easily touch up the bell covers with the flat black paint if you wish to.
- The meter and selector for the tubes monitoring work excellent and all works as intended.
- Replaced the power on indicator lamp with high reliability LED lamp so they’ll be good for many more years to come!
They are in great working condition and sound really awesome. Tubes included are US Made tubes. All the signal and driver tubes are tested very strong NOS level but I am unable to test the usage on the RCA 811A output tubes. They have unknown amount of usage but still working well and sounds great!