Hello Audiogoners - Up for sale is a factory demo Playback Designs MPD-5 DAC including the NEW Playback Designs Stream-IF (used to convert the MPD-5 DAC into a music network player "streamer"). One nice feature that separates the Stream IF from the competition is the Playlink (ST-fiber optic) digital out which can be used with the MPD-5 for best digital interface.
The MPD-5 includes the following:
Latest ‘factory’ hardware upgrade w/new Dream-series ‘clock'
Latest firm-ware update
All original packing & Remote Control
More about the Stream IF...
The Stream-IF provides streaming connections from internet, network attached storage and USB sources (computers, servers etc.), carefully removes any incoming jitter by Playback Designs' proprietary clocking and buffering system and then encodes all data natively to either the standard Coax output or the Playback Designs proprietary PLINK output. PLINK is a high quality fiber optical link used on most Playback Designs equipment and natively supports all formats of PCM and DSD. Because its media is fiber optical it separates the sensitive circuitry in your Playback Designs DAC from the generally "noisy" digital sources with high clock jitter. This separation can result in a dramatic sonic improvement when compared to a direct connection with the DAC via for instance USB.
- USB for PCM up to 384kHz and DSD up to 4x
- Streaming from Tidal, Qobux, Deezer, vTuner
- PLINK input from other Playback Designs equipment (to support recording)
- Roon-ready i.e. Roon end point - any attached DAC can be integrated in Roon server system
- file playback from NAS via DLNA and UPnP (renderer and server)
- Newest generation PDFAS clocking technology for ultra low jitter performance
- Connection to 5-series products via optical PLink
- Connection to 3-series products via Coax
- Firmware can be updated by end user
Thanks for looking and feel free to contact us with any questions.
Audio Archon 847-687-4800 audioarchon.com