Factory-new Wilson Audio Duette 2 Bookshelf Speaker pair in your choice of any current Standard or Upgraded Wilson finish. This model has been recently discontinued by Wilson Audio.
Speakers come with full factory warranty.
Images are stock photos. Please see color swatches in the photos for available finishes or contact us for color samples.
Speakers will be painted to order; please allow 3-4 weeks for delivery.
About Duette 2
With traditional loudspeaker designs, near-boundary placements wreak havoc on the performance characteristics audiophiles most prize. The soundstage collapses, dynamics are compromised, and a smooth, linear frequency response becomes a distant memory.
The original Duette was designed to overcome these limitations, while still offering a free-standing performance option. With the Series 2 Duette, Wilson decided to forgo the inevitable compromises inherent in that approach, and concentrate on creating a loudspeaker designed solely for near boundary situations, which nevertheless boasts the same dynamics, soundstage width and depth, and harmonic beauty of their larger, floorstanding loudspeakers.
The Duette 2 is available in two configurations: a "bookshelf" mode, and a stand-mounted model. In either configuration, the crossover is external to the speaker itself. This has two important advantages. First, it mechanically isolates the crossover components from the drivers, providing greater freedom from vibration induced grain and noise. Secondly, it allows Duette’s 8-inch woofer greater room to breathe and achieve powerful bass response and dynamic alacrity in a cabinet that can still realistically be called "compact".
The "bookshelf" Duette’s crossover is called the Novel Crossover, because it’s the size of a large book. It can nevertheless sit next to the loudspeaker, or be hidden elsewhere in cabinetry. The provided umbilical cable is part of the Duette’s sophisticated time-alignment system and is color-coded for simple and error-free connection.
If you desire to use Duette as a floorstanding speaker, it now comes with an optional dedicated stand, with the crossover integrated into the base of the stand. This arrangement provides the same kind of mechanical isolation for the crossover found in Wilson’s larger floorstanding loudspeakers.
The Duette cabinet is now bolted securely to the stand. Laser vibrometry tests confirmed that this arrangement provides an impedance pathway, guiding unwanted energy away from the enclosure.
Duette Series 2’s tweeter has been modified to include a rear isolation chamber sourced from the Alexia version of the Convergent Synergy tweeter. Another distinctive feature of the Duette 2 is the slanted front baffle. While the original Duette offered some time-alignment capability, the Series 2 takes time-alignment precision to a whole new level.
• Enclosure Type Woofer: (Rear Ported) X-MaterialCovid-19 Update
• Enclosure Type Tweeter: (Sealed) X-Material/S-material baffle
• Woofer: 8 inches (20.32 cm)
• Tweeter: 1 inch, Dome (2.54 cm)
• Sensitivity: 92 dB @ 1W @ 1m @ 1k
• Nominal Impedance: 4 ohms nominal/minimum 4.35 ohms @160Hz
• Minimum Amplifier Power: 20 Watts per channel
• Frequency Response: 33 Hz - 21 kHz +/- 3 dB
• Duette Enclosure Dimensions: Height: 18 1/2 inches (46.99 cm) w/o spikes Width: 10 1/2 inches (26.66 cm) Depth: 16 1/16 inches (23.28 cm)
• Novel Crossover Dimensions: Height: 11 1/2 inches (29.21 cm) Width: 4 15/16 inches (12.54 cm) Depth: 9 3/16 inches (23.28 cm)
• Dedicated Stand w/ Built-in Crossover: Height: 21 7/8 inches (55.56 cm) w/o spikes Width: 11 7/8 inches (30.16 cm) Depth: 18 3/8 inches (47.63 cm)
Product Weight per Channel
• Duette: 45 lbs (20.41 kg)
• Novel Crossover: 24 lbs (10.89 kg)
• Dedicated Stand: 65 lbs (29.48 kg)
Paragon has resumed normal shipping operations, though major delivery carriers are still experiencing some delays. Our showroom has re-opened to the public, and we continue to offer curbside service. We thank you for your patience and continued support.Additional Information
Please call 734.662.3595 and ask for Richard if you have any questions about this product. We make every effort to update our ads quickly when inventory fluctuates, but we encourage you to call and check product availability, as we are also a brick and mortar store.
For a complete listing of all of our specials, please visit: Paragon Pre-Owned & Specials