Designed, machined and built entirely in Pennsylvania, the Rhythm 1.3 tube preamp is our flagship. Available in black or silver.
- Uses two 12au7 tubes
- Two fully balanced XLR inputs, one fully balanced XLR output. Three RCA inputs and two RCA outputs.
- Completely separate dual-mono power supplies and regulators for right and left channels
- Remote volume control
- Mundorf's "best of the best" silver/gold/oil output capacitors
- Natural and accurate sound
The Rhythm is the only preamp in the world that:
1. Automatically and continually customizes tube bias, matching the exact needs of each pair of 12au7 tubes you insert
2. Has a power supply run exclusively by PTFE capacitors. Yes, the material on your non-stick kitchenware. These caps are not in the way of the music signal -- instead they generate the raw power for the unit, where speed, power, accuracy, and nimble response are the most critical.
No other preamp, amplifier, or component of any kind is powered by PTFE capacitors. The Rhythm can do this because of the power supply that Bob Backert developed and patented, called GreenForce.(TM)
The technical advances of the Rhythm 1.3 go well beyond what can be written here. The results: lively, high resolution, rhythmic, dynamic, natural sound. Pure, liquid musicality.
Ease-of-use is enhanced by our handy tube access door on the top panel -- no more messing around with little screws to access your tubes.
Bob Backert is an electronics veteran who has been working with amplifiers and preamps for decades. He never stops. He brings all of his experience to this preamp. Reviews have been extremely positive:
"You want this. Trust me -- you want it bad." -- New Record Day
"The long and the short of it is that the Rhythm is completely quiet, highly resolving, explosively dynamic, and sounds freakin’ amazing. I suppose you could say that I’m a fan."
--Part Time Audiophile
"Better able to clearly expose micro-details than any other preamplifier I have ever used." -- Home Theater Review
"My findings could seem like a setup, because they mirror the company's claims so well. Yet the Rhythm behaves *exactly* as its name and circuit descriptions predict."
"One of the most tuneful and engaging preamps I have ever heard." -- Positive Feedback
It has a REC OUT output, a balance control, mute switch, mono switch, and a lighted volume control knob for those late-night listening sessions.
"Is this mecca for tube rollers, or what?" -- The Absolute Sound
Full refund of your purchase price if you are not satisfied within 14 days.
Questions? You can just write to us here. You'll hear back from our President, Andy Tebbe.