The MOON 100D Network Player/DAC accepts USB, S/PDIF and TosLink inputs. Intended for use with a computer via the USB input, the remaining inputs allow for interfacing with other source components such as a music server, digital transport, etc. All digital input signals are processed through an asynchronous sample rate converter and then 24-bit DACs.The 100D is housed in a compact chassis constructed of rigid aluminum and features a 1/4" brushed and anodized faceplate. Don't be deceived by its small footprint since trickle-down technology dominates, thanks in no small part to its larger sibling, the 300D ... Amazing things do come in small packages. Made in Canada.
Using 24-bit/1.411MHz processing, the MOON 100D will faithfully reproduce your digital music in an effortless fashion. Accepting an input signal from 44.1 to 192kHz with a bit-depth range from 16 to 24-bits, jitter is a virtual non-issue thanks to the asynchronous operation of this DAC. Sonically, it portrays all of the Simaudio hallmarks: clean, powerful, fast, extended bass combined with an open midrange and airy extended high frequencies.
This is the all-black version and it looks and works like new. I feed this with a Sonore microRendu Ethernet renderer (as a Roon endpoint for my system), and as with all Simaudio products, the sound quality is superb. Plays all resolution files up to 24 bit/192 Khz. The USB input is limited to 16/44 but if you really need to play 24/192 files from USB you can use a USB-S/PDIF adapter.
I purchased this new from an authorized dealer. Downsizing my system so I have to sell this because I am moving and will have limited space. It was used lightly in a smoke- and pet-free environment at very low listening levels. Serious inquires only. Price in USD. Buyer pays shipping and PayPal fees. Canadian purchasers can pay via Interac e-transfer to avoid the PayPal fees if you prefer.
Review in The Absolute Sound: http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/simaudio-moon-100d-usb-dac-tas-215/
- Power supply with 3 stages of DC voltage regulation
- A fully asynchronous sample rate converter
- BurrBrown PCM1793 high-resolution 24-bit/192-kHz D/A and 8X oversampling digital filter
- Accurate digital clocking system for exceptionally low intrinsic jitter levels
- Advanced analog signal path using a DC servo circuit and proprietary analog filter
- Accurate matching of military-grade components with ultra-tight tolerances using surface-mount technology for extremely short signal paths
- Compact, rigid all-aluminum chassis with gold-plated RCA connectors