May 22 Update –
Sold Out! Please contact us to pre-order for mid-June delivery.
**ORDER THIS ITEM NOW WITH CONFIDENCE**
Musician Audio Pegasus R2R DAC
Audio design firm Musician Audio has knocked it out of the park with their first R-2-R DAC design, their middle of the line-up Pegasus. Formally established in 2020, this R & D team is composed of a group of music lovers and high-performance audio enthusiasts with more than 20 years of audio research and development experience between them. Listening to Pegasus, probably the best sounding DAC on the audiophile market currently under $2K, it shows.
Beautiful as it sounds, Pegasus is a beast on the outside. Sculpted, CNC machined brushed aluminum casework for all panels adorn this DAC, as well as audiophile quality input and output connectors, along with every possible type of digital and analog input / output options, including I2S. A fully balanced design maximizes XLR signal paths, and makes the Musician Audio Pegasus a stunning value at its asking price. Deep, rich, harmonious sound with excellent tone, clarity, imaging, and a 3D holographic soundstage are among its myriad performance attributes. Bass notes are deep and textured. Sound stage is unusually large for something at this low price point. Mid-range details are up front and clear with no hardness. While detailed, and spectacular, Pegasus maintains an organic naturalness and elegance all its own, drawing you into an amazing listening experience.
- Proprietary R2R + DSD Architecture
- True balanced 24BIT R2R + 6BIT DSD (32 steps FIR Filters)
- Low Noise Power Supply FIFO Buffer Digital Signal Processing via FPGA DSD1024, PCM1536 Supports On USB & I2S Input (the audio source needs to be compatible with the native interface)
- Proprietary USB Audio Solution via STM32F446 Advanced AMR Based MCU Licensed Thesycon
- USB Driver For Windows Platform Driverless On Mac & Linux
- DSD DSD64-DoP On All Input DSD1024 On USB & I2S Input PCM 24bits / 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192KHz On All Input
- 1536kHz On USB & I2S Input
- Sampling Mode: Non-Oversampling NOS / Oversampling OS
- Digital Input Coaxial * 1 via RCA Optical * 1 USB * 1 AES/EBU * 1 I2S via HDMI LVDS * 1
- Analog Output -- RCA : 2.2Vrms XLR : 3.55Vrms
- Technical parameters Frequency Response: 10Hz~60KHz THD+N: 0.002%
- S/N Ratio: 123dB(A-weighted)
- Dynamic Range: >120dB
- AC Power Requirement: 110-240VAC, 50/60Hz (Worldwide Voltage)
- Power Consumption: ≤20W
- Dimension: 280 x 250x 50 mm
- Package Dim: 375 x 330 x 115 mm
- Package Content: DAC + AC power cable,
- No remote control.
- Weight:3.9 Kg
Musician Audio Pegasus R2R DAC Review | Headfonics Reviews