Part-Time Audiophile Grover Neville reviewed this piece, and it is now available for purchase at excellent pricing! There was a considerable collaboration to create an introductory piece at this pricing and accomplished with zero compromises in quality. There is no negotiation on pricing.
These are new in-box spring 2022 manufactured units - available in silver or black chassis and N. American 120V/60Hz power supply.
It’s rare for me to review a product like this which is just so thoroughly sorted, and at what I find to be a very fair price…
If you’re in the market for an amp that does what the modern 100W per channel solid-state stereo amplifier purported to do; power anything big or small, do so quietly and with great character and flat frequency response, I’m here to tell you that you can do one better, and even get those magical glowing vacuum-sealed bottles while you’re at it. If you have an opportunity to lay ears on this amp—don’t miss it.
The Allnic Audio A-2000 25th Anniversary is a 100 watt (pentode) push-pull, stereo power amplifier. Like its integrated amplifier brother, the T-2000, the A-2000 25th Anniversary is pentode/triode switchable “on-the-fly”, providing more than 50 watts in SET sounding triode mode. The A-2000 25th Anniversary offers stable, resolute power in the proverbial velvet glove, along with amazing, revelatory clarity, incredible dynamics and drive, articulate and powerful bass, and standard setting low noise and distortion.
A change of driver tubes and circuit upgrades make this end of run amplifier capable of making almost any speaker sing its best, and it sounds even better than the original – which is saying a lot!
'SE' - By replacing the second stage pentode e282f pentode with the 6s4 triode in the second stage, we gain more fluidity, layering and detail without sacrificing dynamics! All gain without sacrifice!!!
From one satisfied customer regarding this special edition:
”I love this amp! It took a while for the amp, and my ears, to break in. I had been listening to my Rogue ST-100 for a few months before I bought the Allnic, so the presentation was quite different, with the Rogue presenting a larger, more transparent image, with a quieter background. The Allnic seemed more crowded, but the image density was appealing, and it hinted at a tonality I hadn't heard with the Rogue. Now, after 100 hours, the Allnic has developed a blacker background with a greater sense of space, and the tonality is superb. In 60 years of listening I haven't heard an amp that provided a more "musical" accuracy. I have a few quibbles with the PT Audiophile review, in that this amp does definitely NOT sound like a solid state amp, nor does it sound like a 250-watt amp. Rather, It's very clearly a tube amp with a tube fullness; and, of course, my Magico A4's would love a couple hundred more more watts to give me the slam I sometimes crave. But that's what big SS amps are for, and I have a few of those already. BTW, I put the Rogue back into my system last night and, while it still presented a clean and robust image, tonally it sounded almost threadbare and gray by comparison (no knock on the Rogue, it's a fine amp in its own right). So I expect and hope the Allnic will be my tube amp for the rest of my listening years. Thanks for all your follow-up, John.
Please Note: sale price ends after this limited production run
- 100 watts of high power output in pentode mode
- More than 50 watts of “SET like” power output in triode mode
- “On-the-fly” pentode/triode switching
- Analog power tube current monitoring meters
- Exceptionally easy bias controls
- “Soft-start” circuitry
- Individual fuse protection for power tubes
- One pair of RCA inputs and one pair of XLR inputs
- 4 and 8 ohm speaker terminals (8 and 16 by factory order)
The A-2000 25th Anniversary stereo power amplifier offers stability, power and finesse, and incredible bass, dynamics and resolution in a reliable, easy to maintain, flexible and beautiful package. Used with other Allnic Audio components, the A-2000 25th Anniversary will give you state of the art performance and a lifetime of musical satisfaction.
- Output Power: 100w (8Ω load, at 1KHz)
- Distortion: 0.17% at 1KHz at 10w
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20KHz Flat
- S/N Ratio: -80dB (CCIR, 1KHz)
- Damping Factor: 8at 8Ω load at 1KHz
- Voltage gain: +26dB
- Input Impedance: 100KΩ (single-ended, unbalanced)
- Input Sensitivity: 1.3V for rated power
- Fuses: 0.5A, 250V, 20mm slow-blow (KT150’s) 5A, 250V,20mm slow-blow (IEC Mains)
- Tubes (per chassis): KT150 x 4 (power triode), E282F x 4 (second stage drivers), 5654 x 2 (first gain stage, equivalent to 6AK5W, E95F, M8100, 6096, CK5654, 5654W, GL-5654, CV4010, CV850, 5654RT)
- Dimensions: (WxDxH) 430mm (16.93 inches) x 430mm (16.93inches) x 240mm (9.45 inches)
- Weight: 40kg (88.2 lbs)
Both Silver and Black Chassis are in stock!
Inquire about a package deal to round off an amazing system that will drive any speaker.