Brand new and unused. Shortly after purchasing, I was able to acquire a personally long sought after speaker - the Shahinian Obelisk, and it was too late for me to cancel my Monitor Audio purchase. I did open the box to check for defects, and they are absolutely flawless. Impressive build quality and extremely solid. That bolt they run from the back of the driver to the back of the cabinet is very effective.
I never listened to them, so I can't describe their sound character, but the reviews have been very favorable, and I've been very impressed with other Monitor Audio models, which is what led me to buy them. My own experience places Monitor Audio alongside Dynaudio, B&W, and ProAc, of which I've owned various models.
Real wood veneer Rosenut finish
Please review my audiogon member feedback. I always strive to be completely honest and accurate with my descriptions.
• New C-CAM® tweeter design with damped rear chamber, providing improved clarity and wider
operating range for HD audio formats
• New 8” bass driver with C-CAM® cone profile incorporating RST® technology for better damping and
improved mid-range clarity.
• New cast polymer bass chassis design for better rigidity and lower reflection properties
• HiVe®II port technology for better transient response and tighter bass.
• Single bolt through driver system, for increased overall bracing and rigidity.
• Rigid 19mm MDF construction throughout, employing radial and cross-bracing techniques for high rigidity
resulting in low cabinet colouration
• Invisible magnetic grille fixing provides clean visual styling when used with the grille off.