The Meridian M33's are Active Loudspeakers (self amplified)and accept RCA and XLR inputs. You can run your preamp outputs directly to these speakers for amazingly accurate and powerful sound. These speaker do not have to be couples with a Meridian system; any traditional audio system will work.
The idea behind active loudspeakers is that by combining amplification inside the loudspeaker closer matching between the two can be achieved and superior crossover techniques can be employed to ensure better sound quality.
The first time I listened to a pair, it was immediately apparent that the drive units in each speaker integrated seamlessly and were able to produce a superb three dimensional and detailed sound stage with midrange vocals clearly defined in the centre of the mix.
They can be placed either vertically or horizontally. I also have the matching M33C center speaker if you want three of them!
Meridian M33 Active Loudspeaker Specifications
- Cabinet: Black enameled Extruded/Cast Aluminium cabinet
- Speaker Design: 2-way Infinite Baffle
- Drive Units: 2 x 12.7cm Custom Designed high-efficiency woofers, 1 x 2.5cm Meridian aluminium dome tweeter
- Frequency Response: 55Hz-20kHz
- Active Amplification: 85W woofer, 65W tweeter
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 39.5cm x 15 x 23.3
- Weight 9.5kg each
- Includes (2) power cords.
- No grills
Condition, both cosmetically and operationally, is excellent!