For sale is "The Mighty Mouse" Phono Box MM/MC phono preamplifier by Pro-Ject.
Unit was bought new back in 2002, used very sparingly for about 6 weeks and then replaced with ARC PH3 Phono Preamp. I used it to played less than 20 records. After that, it was stored and almost forgotten. After years of neglect it is now looking for a new home.
Unit is guaranteed to be 100% functional.
Cosmetically unit is in a pristine condition. Front and top are scratch free. Rated 8/10 due to age.
Shipping is free to the continental USA. No PayPal fees.
With simplicity of design and premium components, the Pro-Ject Phone Box's performance outweighs both its size and its price. The turntable preamp easily switches between MM and MC cartridges using internal jumpers. Dual mono design. Class A components and low-noise integrated circuits throughout the entire circuit path.
- Input Sensitivity MM: 5mV / 1kHz
- Input Sensitivity MC: 0.45mV / 1kHz
- Input impedance MM: 47K ohms / 100 pF
- Input impedance MC: 100 ohms / 100 pF
- Output voltage: 200mV / 1kHz
- Total harmonic distortion: <0.005%
- RIAA curve accuracy: 20Hz-20kHz / max 0.5
- Signal to noise Ratio MM: > -88dB
- Signal to noise Ratio MC: > -79dB
- Dimensions: 4-1/2"W x 4-1/2"H x 1-1/4"D
- Weight: .65 lb.
If you are interested in this, you might be interested in my other related listings for:
- Harmonic Technology Crystal Copper Phono Cable (RCA-RCA, 1m)
- VPI HW-16.6 Record Cleaning Machine + Extras
- Sennheiser HD600 Headphones
- Antique Sound Lab MG Head OTL Tube Headphone Amp
All my audio equipment was installed and used exclusively by me in the dedicated, smoke-free listening room. I took loving care of every piece and I can guarantee it's full functionality (as described in the listing). Nonetheless, this is USED equipment and I cannot guarantee it's long term longevity, that it will fit into your particular system or that it will be up to your liking. Please, do your homework, find the information, read the reviews, know what are you buying. I will try to answer any additional questions to the best of my abilities.