Devialet 120 Integrated Amplifier/DAC
‘Don’t go near one of these things without being prepared to buy it. It’ll ruin you for anything else.’ – Soundstagenetwork.com
Devialet 120 Expert Integrated
Devialet technology is all that they say it is and this unit is in excellent shape. In fact I never took the protective film off the amp or remote when I got it and just placed it on hi-fi rack. Therefore there are no cosmetic issues hence the excellent rating. Went on to use Devialet Iphone app to control amp volume and the Sony IOS application for my server . The Devialet chunky remote can adjust volume, take unit out of standby, control source selection, mute and access tone controls . 5 Year Devialet Warranty in force and can be transferred to new owner online.
I ran a Sony Hi-Res server into it and controlled everything from my phone. It never ran out of steam with my Robson Voltaire Ref Monitors. Lots of info online and have posted a sample review(s) below. Marvelous design that operates flawlessly with a unique footprint and visual elegance.
Have this listed at less than half of purchase price to provide exceptional value to the discerning audiophile and am firm with this price.
$3149.00 Firm (No Trades)
Pay Pal and Shipping/Insurance Extra
*Looking to UPS for an appropriate outer shipping carton so shipping dimensions, shipping weight and shipping estimate may change .Will ship UPS and have them pack it so the can underwrite insurance against possible shipping damage
The bottom line: The Devialet 120 — with its paltry 120Wpc into 6 ohms and its price of $6495 — was a great match for the Magico Q7s, whose cost matches their size: $185,000/pair… Don’t go near one of these things without being prepared to buy it. It’ll ruin you for anything else.
– Jeff Fritz, Soundstagenetwork.com, read the review
“Fantastic sound and drop dead gorgeous casework [on the Devialet 120]. Devialet’s new SAM (Speaker Active Matching) technology, in a nutshell, provides a more synergistic coupling between amplifier and loudspeaker, thanks to their engineers harnessing more power of the on board DSPs.”
– Jeff Dorgay, Tone Audio, August, 2014
The Devialet 120 is a state-of-the-art piece of hardware, an inspired design marked by deep originality and a thorough understanding of how humans actually interact with modern technology. Devialet’s daring vision is as unorthodox as it is innovative. Most important, within its power limitations, its sound quality is peerless. That it can be had for $6495 is almost unbelievable — and for that reason, it is the single most impressive audio product I’ve ever spent time with.
– Hans Wetzel, soundstagenetwork.com
“If it were a car, the Devialet would be a Porsche Boxster S—not quite a 911 GT3, Ferrari or Aston, but so damn close that you won’t want to bother coming up with all that extra cash.One listen is all it takes to see why the Devialet Ensemble system is, by far, our favorite system going—and the component I’ve chosen for my home audio system.”
– Jeff Dorgay, Tone Audio, Issue 67
“There is a beautiful clarity to music reproduced through the Devialet that allows one to focus on its composition. Its constituent elements. There’s also an uncanny grip on dynamic flow, which amounts to an effortless natural quality to even the most challenging music… delivers a hugely compelling sound picture as finely detailed as you’re likely to hear while also providing rich musical warmth all in a package that’s very easy to love.”
– Michael Lavorgna, Audiostream.com
Overview DEVIALET 120 INTEGRATED AMPLIFER/DAC
The Devialet 120 is a fully configurable Devialet stereo system that adapt to your every whim. Equipped with all of the proprietary Devialet technologies (ADH®, SAM®, AIR® and EVO® platforms), this device offers you one of the best performers on the market, in a mirror polished cabinet with a unique design.
Devialet’s total pledge of uncompromising performance, its revolutionary ADH® and integrated SAM® technologies, expandability via its EVO® platform and extreme ease of use, in an extremely elegant cabinet will suit your home perfectly.
ADH , SAM, AIR… The Devialet 120 incorporates all of the features and proprietary technologies that make Devialet products exceptional both in terms of performance and possible uses.
The built-in EVO card enables free, regular updates of the internal software that offer you the ability to improve the performance of your Devialet or to take advantage of new features in just a few clicks.
Like all Devialet devices, the Devialet 120 is fully controlled by software that allows you to configure it via our online configuration tool. Customize each of your inputs according to the sound source to achieve the best possible results.
Possible Devialet 120 input configurations:
– AIR streaming via Wi-Fi or Ethernet
– 4x digital inputs
Should you find the Devialet 120 to be the device that best suits you and you want to connect a subwoofer or headphones to your system, a card to configure a pre-amplified mono or stereo analogue output is an optional feature.
Push the configuration boundaries of your Devialet.
Make the move to Devialet, the most successful high-end audio system in the world, the most critically acclaimed, the most purchased, and thanks to its unique ADH® technology, the best measured performance.
– Shortest signal path in the world (less than 4 inches between the DAC and the speakers output connectors): lossless by design.
– Unequalled Signal/Noise ratio (> 130 dB): abyssal silence, emotional power, the music emerges from nothingness.
– Harmonic distortion barely measurable (0,001%): absolute fidelity of instrumental timbres and sonorities.
– Intermodulation distortion equally barely measurable (0,001%): seizing realism of soundstage (separation and placing of instruments).
– Thermal distortion non measurable: very natural fast variations of dynamics (impacts, resonances).
- Device Type: Full Function Integrated Amplifier/DAC
- Power Output: 120 wpc into 6 ohms
- Inputs: 1 Optical Toslink, 1 combined Optical Jack & RS232 Mini 3.5mm, 1 USB for computer, 1 Ethernet RJ45 for connection to LAN, Wi-Fi, 2 coaxial digital inputs, 1
- Line/Phono MM input,
- Outputs: Subwoofer output with cut-off frequency adjustment through the online configuration tool (optional), Pre-amplified Stereo Output for headphones or two subwoofers (optional), 2 pair speaker terminals
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 383 x 383 x 40 mm
- Weight: 5.65 Kg