Prepare to fall in love again. The MC402 is considered by many to truly represent the beloved McIntosh sound with an organic, rich and layered, but extremely musical sound.
This amplifier is a clean trade-in from a local customer. Overall its very clean with no scratches or evidence of anything set on it. The only flaws we found were both lower front panel corners had very slight bumps on them. You have to look close to notice them. Top corners are perfect and the face and back panel are pristine.
The MC402 is an MC2105 on steroids. Richly layered, utterly musical and very dynamic and smooth. Power?....it has an incredible amount of power to drive just about anything you connect it to.
From a smoke and child free home and well cared for. Includes the original power cord and paper manual. Weights 140 Lbs shipped so will be professionally packed for safe delivery. We are very experienced at getting things to you safely. FEATURES:
- Fully balanced differential design
- 400 watts (stereo) or 800 watts (mono parallel)
- High output current capability (>100 amps)
- Balanced and unbalanced inputs
- Exclusive McIntosh Output Autoformer)
- Wide power bandwidth, low distortion
- Exclusive McIntosh Power Assurance System
- Illuminated peak-responding, true-reading
- watt meter with hold
- Fiber optic light diffuser illumination for front panel
- Remote power control
- Massive gold-plated five-way output binding posts
- Fanless convection cooling
- Modular construction with stainless steel chassis
- with super mirror finish
- 1/2"-thick glass front panel with illuminated nomenclature
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 20Hz to 20kHz, +0 / -0.25dB / 10Hz to 100kHz, +0 / -3.0dB
- TOTAL HARMONIC DISTORTION: 0.005% max. at any level from 250mW to rated power output
- INTERMODULATION DISTORTION: SMPTE 0.005% maximum if instantaneous peak output does not exceed twice the output rating
- A-WEIGHTED SIGNAL-TO-NOISE RATIO: Unbalanced: 94dB (120dB below rated output) Balanced: 98dB (124dB below rated output)
- RMS POWER OUTPUT: 400W min. (stereo) or 800W min. (mono) sine wave continuous average power output from 20Hz-20,000Hz
- INPUT IMPEDANCE: 10,000 ohms (unbalanced) / 20,000 ohms (balanced)
- OUTPUT LOAD IMPEDANCE: Terminals for 8, 4, or 2 ohms (stereo) / Terminals for 1, 2, or 4 ohms (mono)
- INPUT SENSITIVITY: 2.0V unbalanced / 4.0V balanced
- WIDE BAND DAMPING FACTOR: Greater than 40
- DYNAMIC HEADROOM: 2.1dB
- RATED POWER BAND: 20Hz to 20kHz
- POWER GUARD: Clipping is prevented and THD does not exceed 2% with up to14dB overdrive at 1kHz
- POWER REQUIREMENTS: 120V 50/60Hz, 10A
- OVERALL DIMENSIONS (H X W X D): 17 1.2 (44.45 cm) x 9 7/16 (23.97cm) x 20 (50.8 cm)
- WEIGHT: 110.5 lbs. (50.1kg) net / 143.5 lbs. (65.1kg) boxed
SALON 1 Audio offers quality trades, used and demo equipment at a significant savings. Everything we sell has an extended or manufacturer warranty included. We have a real hi-end audio showroom on Florida's East coast and we ship worldwide.
For expert advise give us a call at (407) 953-9596
We ship with UPS, Fed-Ex and Various Truck Freight Lines. All items are packed and padded with care if the original packaging is deemed insufficient. We know how exciting it is to anticipate the arrival of new gear and we want your item to arrive in the same condition it left our facility.