We have just ONE Thoebe II demo unit available. In like-new condition, this is a fantastic, rare opportunity to save big $$ on one of the finest preamplifiers on the market!
. Please check out our wyred4sound website for more incredible offers as well!
About the Thoebe II
SST proudly presents the Thoebe II preamplifier. Fitted with the refinements and features one expects of a modern-day preamp, the Thoebe II will deliver all of your music with style and beauty at an attractive price.
Impressive standard features include a highly transparent volume control, bass and treble tone controls, high/low gain settings and a world-class headphone amplifier. Additionally, the Thoebe II can be configured with available add-on options like a reference-level DAC and/or phonostage. The Thoebe II is about ultimate control and flexibility—the perfect preamplifier for any music source.
Deriving its lineage from our flagship preamplifier, the award-winning Ambrosia 2000 preamplifier, but boasting more than a few unique features in it’s own right, the Thoebe II is destined to be a classic in its own time. Invite the Thoebe II into your listening room and find out quickly what kind of “guest” has arrived—one that won’t be leaving anytime soon!
- Optional DAC and/or phonostage:
- ESS Sabre (9018) 32-bit DAC chip
- Asynchronous, galvanically isolated USB input supports up to 32-bit 384kHz PCM and DSD64 + DSD128
- Moving magnet or high-output moving coil discrete Class A design and newly developed RIAA optimized topology
- Powerful and transparent built-in Class A headphone amplifier, standard
- Digitally-controlled, channel independent, highly-advanced tone control
- Remarkably transparent and innovative resistive-ladder type volume control unique to the Thoebe II
- High/low gain setting
- Phase and balance controls
- Large, easy-to-read (and dimmable) LED display
- Internal USB connection for any future software updates
- Optional solid billet aluminum full-function remote control
- Heavy gauge steel case and thick anodized aluminum faceplate
Accolades"Having used [the Thoebe II and Son of Ampzilla II] with electrostatic, dynamic hybrid and full range, supplemented speakers and finding laudable sound, I’m confident they will reward you as well, and when well set up convince you that you have discovered one of the greatest secrets in all of the High End."
— Doug Schroeder, Dagogo
“Combining the Thoebe II and the Son of Ampzilla II forms an synergistic combination that presents a lifelike flesh and blood realism."
— Ron Nagle, Enjoy The Music “Like the [Son of Ampzilla II], it worked absolutely flawlessly, was a joy to use, and in ergonomic terms struck me as about as close to perfection as you can get. If I did not already own a preamplifier that serves my needs perfectly well, the Thoebe II would be a very tempting purchase to consider."
— Paul Seydor, The Absolute Sound “As listening continued week after week I repeatedly had the feeling that I could be hearing the Levinson No. 326S, an $11,400 preamplifier.... However, the Thoebe II’s phono stage is better. Overall rating: 9.5/10"
— Jerry Seigel, 10 Audio
- Phono: 42dB
- Line (balanced and unbalanced): 17dB high gain, 11dB low gain
- ± 5dB nominal
- Turnover points: Bass 100Hz; Treble 5kHz nominal
- 10V RMS unbalanced
- 20V RMS balanced
- 62kΩ unbalanced
- 100kΩ balanced
- MM: 70µV (22µV with 400-20kHz filter)
- Line: 10µV unbalanced, 18µV balanced
THD (Awt, 20Hz-20kHz)
- .006% max inputs to main outputs @ 1V RMS rated output
- Phono: ± 1.2dB max deviation (5mV in, RIAA Equalized, 20Hz–20kHz)
- Line: 20Hz–20kHz, ± 0.25dB max deviation
- Without phonostage: 25 lbs.
- With phonostage: 28 lbs.
Optional Add-onsThe listing is for a base Thoebe preamplifier.
You may add the following options if you wish. Please let us know when you place the order if you'd like to add any of the following and we'll adjust the price accordingly.
- Add DAC: +$700
- Add phonostage: +$700
- Add both: +$1100
- Add remote control: +$150
Fully tested; excellent condition. Comes with all original packing and a one-year warranty. No returns are accepted on demo units. California residents add 8% sales tax. More information, visit the SST website
. Wyred 4 Sound owns SST.