Sound of the WoodTM " The Turntable"
This is a very nice SOTW modified turntable with a near NOS SME 3009 SII tone arm.The table was a fruitwood unit with perfect graining. I build these 1 at a time, and an average table goes through 30-40 hrs of labor and sound testing before professionally shipped.
This turntable was produced by AR in the late 80's, and fully modified by Eric Whitacre at Sound of the WoodTM. This completely modified unit comes with the following modifications. The sound quality of this table rivals the sound of tables costing many times more.
- Modified sub-chassis
- New MK-V Gold drive system "Sound of the Wood Motor and matched low noise external Power Supply
- New balanced acrylic platter
- Modified sub-platter
- Modified bearing
- Completely refinished base and plinth
- MDF Base with isolation cones (choice of standard cones or the low profile Viablue TRI)
- SOTW Cleaning arm
Tone arm: Includes mass loading for your choice of phono cartridges
- Premium Record weight
- Dust cover (New), made exclusively for me by Turntable depot.
- SOTW Speed box is available (Shown in last picture)
It is amazing how well a properly made turntable can sound, and I have wowed many listeners when comparing my table to CD's VS LP's (using the same master tapes). These tables have also competed well and won many blind listening tests when compared to more expensive mass produced tables. In fact many of my customers sell their sterile sounding 6-10k tables (you know who I'm talking about) to upgrade to SOTW models.