Here is a displayed but not played Thiel Smart Sub 2 in excellent condition. This also ships with the PX05 5 Channel Sub Crossover.
From Thiels webpage
The model SS2.2 (renamed version of the original SW1) utilizes a 1000 watt amplifier and employs two long-throw 10" woofers in a 23.5" H x 11" W x 20" D, 104 pound (47kgs) cabinet with up to 105dB of output at 20 Hz and up to 112dB at 30 Hz.
THIEL Audio's line of subwoofer products are designed as the ultimate solution for bass management and reproduction in home theater and music sound systems. This family of ultra-high performance SmartSub® bass systems--the USS and SS2.2 subwoofers, and the PX05 Passive Crossover--redefine the category to offer the most seamless and realistic low frequency reproduction possible.
The THIEL SmartSub products are the most technologically advanced bass systems ever developed for seamless sonic integration in home audio and video sound systems. THIEL's SmartSub technology eliminates the major problems and limitations that conventional subwoofers have in matching the system's main speakers and the room. These are the world's first intelligent subwoofers.
THIEL's patent-pending SmartSub® technology
The subwoofers are powered, stand alone systems for reproducing the "point one" channel in a home theater system. They can also be used with the PX05 Passive Subwoofer Crossover to allow reproduction of the bass range of the other audio channels.
The subwoofers incorporate aspects of THIEL's patent-pending SmartSub technology:
- Both of the subwoofers can be easily adjusted to accurately eliminate room interaction problems for any placement, without microphones or complicated measurements.
- Unique electronic circuitry corrects for compression distortion due to heating of the drivers' voice coils for more dynamic and effortless reproduction.
The USS and SS2.2 share several innovative design features that provide exceptionally deep, uniform, dynamic and low distortion bass down to 20 Hz:
- THIEL's innovative short coil/long gap motor systems achieve extremely low distortion, and the drivers' aluminum diaphragms contribute to the subwoofers’ outstanding tonal response.
- Unusually large magnet structures and special high excursion suspensions allow the subwoofers to move a very large amount of air for effortless, realistic reproduction of the most demanding sources.
- The SS2.2 drivers are powered by an internal 1000 watt high efficiency switching mode amplifier (550 watts for the USS) with thermal overload protection.
No low ball offers!!!
GTT Audio & Video
Credit cards and Paypal accepted.
International Buyers - Wire Transfer Only
Please do not make an offer on this product or say you want it unless you are agreeing to purchasing it.
Please do not ask us what our best price is, our best price is listed. OBO (or best offer) means if we do not get our asking price we may go with the highest bid/offer. Again please do not make an offer unless you plan to stand behind it.