The Platter Ground™ is totally unlike weights or clamps as this device improves record sonic by transferring resonance and airborne energy at high speed from the surface of any vinyl record, tonearm, phono cartridge, and platter to the turntable grounding pole, commonly known as the spindle.
- You will hear deeper into the recording.
- The results are extremely musical
- Compare sonic merit to other weights and clamps costing thousands of dollars.
Problem: Extraneous energy generated by mechanical, electromechanical and, more importantly airborne resonance, directly affect the tonearm, record and cartridge performance. Amplitudes of this resonance cycle through the turntable structure, the release of which is impeded by friction within the contact of materials (per Coulomb's law).
Solution: Research of turbulent energy patterns established on the vinyl record itself has opened doors of new mechanical grounding insight never anticipated by Star Sound product developers. It has been discovered that under constant centrifugal momentum, introduction of the Platter Ground™ caused resonant energies in such a structure to become neutralized (become laminar in fashion). As a result, the resultant force vector of detrimental energy (mechanical, electromechanical and airborne resonances) become purely "normal" (perpendicular) to the spindle, opening a direct pathway for unwanted outside energy to flow away from the table. This in effect expedites the mechanical grounding effect, thus removing (not damping) the resonant byproducts.
- Does not tip or fall over with exception to human blunder
- Does not wobble about - engineered and balanced for maintaining stability in motion unless record is warped at the spindle location - “I have never seen a record warped at the center spindle location” Jamie Holmes, Proprietor Double Decker Records, Allentown, PA - 30,000 new and used albums in stock
- Weighs only 269 grams (0.6 pounds) - much less in comparison to the majority of weights and clamps
Recently reviewed by Norm Luttbeg:
”This unit offers immediate illumination of the recording venue. I thought I was in the recording studio once I upped the volume to real levels for this big band.”
100% Total and Complete Satisfaction Guarantee in Musical Performance
Orders or Questions: 877-668-4332 or 610-285-8234
Energy Transfer Systems by Star Sound
Let Sound Sing!