Revelation Audio Labs was chosen by The Absolute Sound magazine for the 2018 Golden Ear Award, now published in their September issue (Issue # 286).
Revelation Audio Labs has been chosen by Stereophile magazine for their 2018 Recommended Components, also now published in their current issue:
Why do you need our umbilical power cables?
Without exception, in our decades of experience in designing world-class upgrade umbilical power cables to the high end audio community, EVERY stock umbilical cable we have encountered, upon examination proves to be pitifully inferior in design and construction. It truly is a shame - you spend your hard-earned money on outstanding, well-designed electronics, but what the manufacturer sends you to connect their unit to their outboard power supply is the equivalent of the "throw-away" interconnects that come in the box with your average inexpensive DVD player. These stock umbilical power cables are derived from off-the-shelf wires, made from inferior metals, extruded in poor insulators with terrible Dielectric Constant properties, which are products of machines that are designed to run wire and cable by the kilometer. This very inexpensive wire comes off a gigantic roll from mass manufacturers that make the most common, ordinary electrical wire. Moreover, multiple conductors of these wires are bundled in a single plastic jacket, in significant lengths in intimate proximity, some carrying various extremely crucial and critical voltages, currents and grounds, others carrying power that is not as critical. As these wires are in no way isolated one from all the others, this is the very arrangement conducive to one conductor pole inducing detrimental effects to other conductor poles within the array, causing distortions, noise and substantial losses of performance of each upon the next. The exterior of the cable may (or may not) be dressed up, connectors are installed, and there you have your typical so-called "high end audio umbilical power cable", packaged with your fine equipment to have the illusion of high quality exquisiteness. This is the general wire and cable industry infiltrating into the special audiophile cable market. The gospel truth is this is not a high end audio power cable designed and made with the exacting attention to detail for fine music reproduction given to your equipment itself.
THE SOLUTION - READ ON:
1-meter pair of Revelation Audio Labs 'Passage' CryoSilver Reference™ umbilical power cable set for the Pass Labs Xs 150 and Xs 300 power amplifiers, the Pass Labs Xs preamplifier, and the Pass Labs Xs phono preamplifier.
Featuring Ceramic MicroSphere™ conduit and Conductive Carbon Infused Composite™ jacket technology, in addition to all our other best design features.
A resounding encore to our extremely successful DB-25 umbilical power cable for Pass Labs XP amps.
Crafted by hand with heart in Palm Coast, Florida, the United States of America.
A state of the art upgrade power umbilical cable set for use between the outboard power supply and main chassis of Pass Labs Xs preamplifiers and amplifiers (please check your equipment before ordering).
The umbilical cable set upgrade far surpasses the performance enhancement of a complete component replacement. A high-performance, no-compromise umbilical power cable set which merits use with your fine Pass Labs Xs combo. A phenomenal upgrade from the stock umbilical power cable set.
MORE ON THE SUBJECT OF THE PROBLEM:
With no contempt and with all due respect to the distinguished and equitably esteemed designers of your equipment, they very wisely exploited the operational benefits of housing and isolating the power supply components and circuits in a separate chassis. The power supplies are designed to do an excellent job of providing plenty of clean power. Unfortunately, the equipment designers fail to assign a high priority to the design of the stock cable, do not task the same painstaking care and attention to this aspect of their product, and therefore do not exercise high end audio power cable design disciplines into the stock umbilical cable. The stock cable set is admittedly mediocre at best, and may actually be the weakest link in your fine music system. As a result of this severe compromise, distortions and losses consequently occur, causing a detriment to performance that cannot otherwise be recovered or corrected. Of course audio equipment designers vehemently defend their design decisions regarding the umbilical cable, because doing otherwise would admit an oversight, a shortcoming, and a compromise in their design, revealing an embarrassing weakness in their system, and for none we have ever encountered, again no disrespect intended, but their ego simply will not tolerate it. Therefore they will only recommend you use the umbilical they provide, will adamantly claim you will not realize a difference with a different umbilical, and will even forbid you using any umbilical other than what they provide.
UPGRADE FROM STOCK - SOLVE THE PROBLEM
Now you can finally deliver that quality power you paid for to the gear completely unaltered, uncorrupted, unpolluted and unhindered. This upgrade truly optimizes the performance and realizes the full sonic potential of the connected equipment. Our umbilical power cables for Pass Labs amps are in use by many music lovers worldwide. You will be utterly astounded when you hear the huge improvements this cable set makes to your music!
Please visit our web site for a full thesis on our design technologies, but as a brief synopsis, this cable set features:
• We start with bare single crystal five-nines (5N) ultra-pure solid core CryoSilver™ conductors – deep cryogenically treated in our exclusive vacuum cryogenic process. Silver is the most electrically conductive of all the elements, and our silver is not your father’s silver. The raw, uninsulated wire used is made by a U.S. company that specializes in precision silver wiring technology primarily for advanced aerospace and medical imaging industries. Not at all what you find in other audio cables. No bulk cable is employed in any of our designs. That is simply because there is no bulk cable in existence that does what we need it to do.
• Air Tunnel™ air dielectrics
• Transparent Teflon isolators
• Progressive Hand Wrap™ discreet shields for each and every conductor pole, isolating each conductor/dielectric sub-assembly from all others within each array - eliminates EM effects, cross talk, and eddy currents and helically-woven stranded outer shieldings. All shieldings drained to the power supply end only - to carry absorbed internal and external EMI/RFI noise harmlessly away from the music.
• Ceramic MicroSphere™ conduits - another proprietary design feature - absorbs and dissipates both internal and external air borne vibrations, resonances and microphonics. Ordinary high-end cables are a major path for mechanical vibration to enter sensitive audio equipment. In addition, the effects resonance has on the performance of audio cables themselves is well documented. Audio frequency vibrations induced into the cable may create a state of microphony and transduce physical resonance into electrical resonance, polluting the audio stream. However the most harmful mechanical energy is actually generated internally by the electrical components comprising the audio equipment circuitry, consequently occurring precisely where the delicate music signal resides. These vibrations produce phasing errors that slur and garble the music, diminishing resolution and coloring harmonic equilibrium. To combat this phenomenon, the solution is amorphous ceramics - the conduit of this cable is filled by a special process with our proprietary Ceramic MicroSpheres™ (patent applied for, Revelation Audio Labs, Inc.), developed through and supported by a number of relevant NASA White Papers dealing with crystal lattices, expressly to defeat this menace to faithful music reproduction. This results in a cable that is virtually immune to the propagation of micro-vibration, and minimizes parasitic vibration of the equipment power supply and audio circuitry. This could be one of your most valuable weapons in your isolation arsenal.
• Conductive Carbon Infused Composite (CCIC)™ outer jacket - this advanced technology material augments the EMI/RFI/EMF shielding of the cable. The negative affects that static electrical fields and charges have on audio cables is well documented. In addition to augmented shielding, crucially the Conductive Carbon jacket provides ESD (Electro Static Discharge) protection as it dissipates static fields and charges, also eliminating static electrical charges from accumulating in the first place, as their presence robs audio performance as it does with standard cable insulation. There are a number of products on the market, accessories if you will, that address static electrical fields on audio cables. Our unique design feature attacks the issue at the source through the proactive, preventative approach. We have been performing tests and trials at length for some time, with phenomenal results, employing Conductive Carbon Infused Composite as the outer jacket material. This material enhances EMI and RFI protection, but what this material provides above and beyond the protection of traditional shielding materials and methodologies is it provides Static Protection, guarding against the phenomenon of ESD (Electro Static Discharge). The material absorbs and dissipates static electricity charge build-ups, which occur naturally on common non-conductive materials (i.e. cable insulation). It is typical for these charge levels to be in the thousands of volts. All areas of audio performance are enhanced by removing static electrical fields and charges from the surfaces of cables. This feature also improves performance by removing from your system surfaces that build and hold static electric fields. Why do other so-called "cost-no-object" cable makers not use such a jacket material? You tell me. Would it be "cost"?
• Highest quality and robust Neutrik connectors with heavy solid metal shielded shells.
• Prior to shipment the cable set is fully conditioned on our audiodharma Cable Cooker, and connector contacts are treated with Walker Audio E-SST Extreme Super Silver Treatment contact enhancer. Where applicable, the internal solderless terminations are also treated with E-SST during assembly.
• 1-meter length (longer lengths available)
• Packed for protection in our beautiful custom handmade heavy double-layer Blackberry Velour pouch with Velcro closures, company logo embroidered in metallic purple.
• Connectors are protected with Caplets and Part Guard Protective Plastic Netting.
A few recent testimonials on our Pass Labs umbilicals:
"I received the Pass XS umbilical cables yesterday in fine shape. I am using the cables on a pair of XS150 amps. I just tried them for an hour or so last evening, They straightaway add improvements in clarity and definition to the amps, which were already great in those respects. I am sure the cables will help the amps continue to sound even better in the next few weeks. Thanks again for everything - C.C."
"I'm really liking what I'm hearing so far. I added the first pair of umbilicals to the Xs amps as soon as I received them. Then I added the second pair of umbilicals about 2 weeks later, switching the ones from the amps to the Xs preamp and adding the second set to the Xs amps. So the system is really sounding great - much better than before the cables upgrade. I'll let you know how it goes." - Howard R., U.S.A.
"How are you my friend? I receive my umbilical 6 days ago and when I see the cable, (within) the velvet pouch, I don´t believe the quality of the product!!!!!! Of course the sound is at the same level, after 5 continuous days feeding my Pass Labs XP-20 preamp the results was spectacular!!!!!!! More bass impact, really better mids and highs, A LOT OF DETAILS!!! the focus of the voices are perfectly in the center of the loudspeakers and the texture are amazing (I have the singers performing for me in my living room!!!! NO JOKE!!!!)..... summarizing, the best and most notorious cable I ever had (and I have totally wired my system with Transparent Reference XL MM and MM2, including the powerecords and a line filter). So, Thank you very much.....I will recommend your products with every person I know! Take care you and your family, (it) is a pleasure for me to deal with very nice people like you. Best regards from Argentina friend, Pablo Reggiani"
"The Pass Labs umbilical has had about 60 hours & is excellent! Even after the first few minutes I could hear it was special...! It compares to a pre amp upgrade. - Rich, U.K."
"Early impressions are good! What I notice most is an increase in low-level detail - big time! As I spend more time with it I'll be able to say more about it. - Howard, U.S."
"The umbilical cord has indeed brought improvements to the performance of my Pass Labs XP20. I perceived increased resolution of details and more refined mid and high frequencies. It is indeed good value for money. I have demo'ed it at home to several of my friends most of whom did observe the improvements. One friend who runs an XP30 knows your website and is giving the matter of two umbilicals his serious consideration. - Patrick, H.K."
We pay the cost of shipping worldwide.
We sell directly to the end user, to save you money, but our cables are also proudly carried by a select number of fine high end audio dealers.
Of course we make an umbilical power cable for virtually all audio equipment with a separate power supply – contact us. In fact, we specialize in every high performance audio cable type, from wall to speaker.
Since February, 2000, Revelation Audio Labs is now in our nineteenth year of listing our cables on AudiogoN!!! View our hundreds of great buyer feedbacks. What other cable maker listing on AudiogoN can stake that claim? Our business on AudiogoN has always meant a great deal to us – especially for the many music lovers and friends it has connected us with. We thank you for your support. We owe all our success to YOU - it is all because of YOU that we do what we do. Thank YOU!
Another very special distinction that merits your trust. Name just one high end audio equipment maker who, as a result of their solid work and integrity in the high end, has been contracted by NASA multiple times to provide various in-flight hardware? None other than Revelation Audio Labs. AMAZING!!! Tell me if you know another.
To save you money, we sell directly to the end user, skipping the inevitable levels of price mark-ups (distributors, dealers), but our cables are also proudly carried at the insistence of these fine high end audio dealers:
High End Cable: http://www.highendcable.co.uk/
True Audiophile: http://www.trueaudiophile.com/
Affordable Audio: http://www.affordableaudio.biz/
Audio Extreme: http://www.audioextreme.hk
Igal Sabo High End: www.sabo-highend.co.il
NEW DEALER ENQUIRIES INVITED
It is truly an honor to serve you. We sincerely look forward to hearing from you. Thank you again.