For sale is my wonderful 12” Ortofon RS-309D tonearm. It is in excellent working and physical condition.
This arm’s sound is very organic and balanced. I used it on a TW Acustic turntable with Ortofon, Lyra and Shelter cartridges. Each sang.
Features from the Ortofon website:
- Dynamic balance graduated vertical tracking force (VTF) control through a new spring design
- VTF in the range 0-5 grams can be precisely adjusted by means of the supplied digital force gauge
- Anti-skate control adjusted by calibrated dial in the range 0-5 gram
- Tone arm height, and thereby VTA, is easy adjustable on the tonearm base.
- Detachable head shell and tonearm cable, with standard SME-type connectors
Specifications from the Ortofon website:
- Effective mass (without headshell) - 4.0 g
- Effective length (distance between the stylus and pivot point) - 329 mm
- Mounting distance between the pivot point and turntable center - 314 mm
- Offset angle - 19 degrees
- Overhang - 15 mm
- Tracking force adjusting range (direct reading) - 0-5 g
- Height adjustment range - 42-57 mm
- Diameter of the armbase mounting hole - 34-36 mm
- Diameter of the center shaft - 16 mm
- Fixing holes PCD - dia. 50 mm
- Size/Thread - dia. 3.2 mm (dia. 3 mm x 20 mm and dia. 3 mm wood screw)
Included with this sale:
- Ortofon Digital scale DS-1
- Ortofon Headshell SH-4
- Ortofon Headshell LH-2000
- Ortofon LW 7N leadwires
- Ortofon Tonearm cable (unused)
- Ortofon Mounting template
- Original manual and setup documentation
- Original box / packaging
At my asking price, ground shipping and PayPal fees are included.