VIOLECTRIC HPA V100 HEADPHONE AMPLIFIER
EXCELLENT CONDITION. ONE OWNER.
I bought this unit after comparing a number of similarly priced, and higher priced, amplifiers. For example, I found the sound of this amp to be more natural than the higher priced Violectric HPA V200.
As part of a little-used second system, the unit has seen less than 50 hours of use. Original packaging and manual included.
Two of the many strengths of this amplifier are:
Pre-gain: five possible gain levels, selectable via dip switches on the back of the unit, to match the gain to your headphones for best sound.
Low noise, due partly to the use of an internal toroidal transformer (rather than a wall-wart.)
Here’s a more extensive list of features:
- Balanced inputs with gold-plated Neutrik XLR connectors
- Unbalanced inputs with gold-plated ALPS cinch connectors
- Switchable unbalanced outputs with cinch connectors
- PRE-GAIN = switchable input gain in five steps
- Independent-channel design
- DC-coupled (switchable)
- ALPS RK27 High-Grade volume control
- High-Quality op-amps in the signal path
- High-quality MKP capacitors in the signal path
- 0.1 and 1% metal film resistors throughout the unit
- Discrete-design power amp with 4 transistors per channel
- 2 silver-plated Neutrik headphone outputs
- Relay-based headphone output cutoff
- Toroidal transformer
- Large filtering capacitors in the power supply
- Switchable ground lift
- Rugged aluminium case with Nextel coating
- Solid, laser-engraved aluminium front panel