N1A Stereophile Class A (much better sounding than a $7000+ server)
We have a new BLACK N1A in Stock, ready to ship! We also have one DEMO N1AH black unit ($3999). I will be listing N1ZH soon. It has taken N1A to another level - higher resolution (smoother), more like music, lesser digital, more bass. We will sell the first two N1AH units at special price / trade-ins. N1ZH was supposed to be launched at higher price but at our request, they have kept the price just under $4000. That means that everyone makes a little less money and there is more value to buyer. They are raising the price to $4495 from August 1 onwards.
The 3/4 width box of N1ZH is a bit heavier due to the additional Power supply and the heavier case work. The PSU and tighter tolerance parts make a better product & N1ZH Has 6TB HDD. Melco N1A
: Under $2000, you are getting an Audiophile Music Server with 4 TB of internal storage that sounds better than $5000 to $7000 servers (yes, I have owned / compared them with Melco). I have owned half a dozen music servers: Modified Mac Mini, Linux server, purpose built (better than CPAS) Windows media server etc. Melco bettered them all. The last comparison was with a Stereophile Class A+ $7k+ media server that I had in my possession for a few weeks. That media server was not only difficult to use but Melco easily sounded better in one song.
It is super easy to use. You can use your smart phone or a tablet as a remote or control it from your Mac / PC. I have two units in BLACK and can order it in silver color if desired. Black is ready to ship! Melco is easily better sounding than purpose build computers or modified Mac Minis. Melco was built ground up as a music server. The only surprising piece is the price. My highest recommendation! Melco is made by the same company that make buffalo hard disk drives, so they have access to those drives at the best possible price. The owner / designers comes from an Audiophile / Analog heritage. They made great sounding turntables at some point.
Melco has all the necessary tweaks addressing RFI, EMI, Vibration damping, electrical isolation, data integrity, transfer and re-clocking.
How does it sound - musical and un-digital compared to most servers out there.
Please call with questions or make an offer.
Care Audio is an authorized dealer for the following brands: Allnic Amps and DACs
, ifi Audio
, KR Audio Amps
, Kuzma Tuntables
, MAD UK Speakers
, Reference 3A Speakers
, Calyx M Portable
, HifiMan Headphone Systems
, K Works Audio Power Conditioner
Sunil P Lekhi Care-Audio.com
848-229-2044 o 917-747-5984 m
Melco - Audiophile Data Credentials
- Dedicated LAN port for Player (Streamer) connectivity - optimum data integrity and simple setup.
- Light-piped Ethernet ports - complete electrical isolation totally removing possibility of interference and noise.
- LAN LED off function - ensures the highest possible data integrity.
- Separated power supply circuitry for LAN ports - isolates the LAN function from all electrical disturbances
- Double power supplies - separate power functions for LAN and USB / HDD / System management (*N1Z only)
- Audio-grade ultra-low jitter data clock - eliminates any possibility of data jitter at source
- Original Audio grade SSD storage
stable data, consistent performance, silent,
and zero mechanical influence and vibration
Made by Buffalo Memory Co., Ltd
Melco - Audiophile Engineering
- High grade power supplies with audiophile grade components. N1A - 60W x 1
- Dual high grade power supplies. N1Z – 30W x2, sepearte supplies for external data interfaces means no pollution of sensitive internal data and clock supplies.
- Audiophile grade capacitor bank for absolute stable supplies (*N1Z only)
- Solid Aluminium front fascia (N1Z) rigid metal chassis.
- High stability noise eliminating H cross-frame construction for mechanical integrity (N1Z)
- Specialist audio isolators (Japanese TAOC brand)
Melco - Simplified Installation and Operation
- No PC required for setup and installation - no specialist knowledge needed.
- Specific IP port for Streamer / Player with additional Network port for Control and Ethernet. Simply creates robust network for streaming high resolution music and control even on complex networks.
- Pre-installed media server - no configuration required.
- Supports multiple specialised media servers - currently shipping with Twonky 7 with DSD support.
- Informative OLED front panel display - displays current streaming track data, system status, and setup,
- Simple menu navigation structure and track selection
- Simple front panel on-off switch - just like Hi-Fi.
- 15 seconds only to full power-on.
- 5 seconds to full shut-down
- Safe against unintended power down - no requirement for UPS
- The Local USB-DAC player can be used in the same manner as the Network Player. The Local USB-DAC player is simply controlled from a UPnP Control App on a Smartphone or Tablet on the network. The App discovers the N1 - DAC as a Digital Media Renderer or Player on the Network as soon as a DAC is connected to the N1.
- The N1 is connected to various Hi-Fi USB-DAC using a standard USB lead.
> Link to compatibility list
- The N1 Local USB-DAC Player supports PCM up to 384 kHz / 32 bit, and DSD up to 5.6 MHz double DSD.
- Automatic sample rate adjustment to match the capabilities of the connected DAC - e.g. 192 kHz is automatically downsampled to play on a 96 kHz capable DAC.
- Automatic conversion of DSD to 24 bit PCM for USB DAC that does not support DSD. (Manual setting in the Menu)
- The Playlist can be stored either on N1 (Mode 1) to allow the playlist to be maintained even if the App is out of contact,or the Playlist is stored on the App (Mode 2) when the App requires it. Please see compatibility chart.
- The Melco Local USB-DAC player can be easily controlled by your favorite UPnP control Point (App).
- The Melco Local USB-DAC player will play Music stored on open shares on the Network in addition to music stored on the Melco.
- [NEW] The gapless playback is supported from FW Ver 2.10.(WAV FLAC AIFF ALAC)