Wonderful condition (actual photos above). Rated 8 out of 10 due to age.
Superb build quality, aesthetics and lush warm sound with strong power to drive most any speakers. Very impressive. Tube gain with SS power makes an impressive combination. Active cross over allows the amp to shine in the appropriate frequencies of your speaker selection. Very versatile. Did I mention it does this with zero feedback!
All packaging and materials will be included except no POWER CORD. Original box!
Standard Version, 2 years old, never serviced, reluctant sale.
Reason for sale, moved up the ladder by purchasing the mono Atlas.
Buyer pays fixed, insured shipping to contiguous USA only. Will call accepted.
Serious inquiries only, please. No low-ball offers on this lightly used amp.
Paypal add 3%.
Thanks for looking, Enjoy the music!
ATLAS amplifiers are capable of driving virtually any high quality speaker. An innovative hybrid design incorporates a bipolar output stage, bipolar driver stage, and vacuum tube input gain stage. They stand alone as the only hybrid amplifiers with zero feedback, essential for maintaining harmonic integrity, air, space and coherence. The Atlas provides your choice of full range or high-pass inputs. This unique built-in filter is ideal for speakers featuring powered woofers, such as Vandersteen, or for audio and home cinema systems using outboard powered sub-woofers. Saturn Series design themes are evidenced in the specialized all-aluminum chassis construction and elaborate power supply design.
- Zero feedback, fully differential amplifier with complementary balanced bridge design for open sound.
- Tube gain stage using one 6SN7 tube per channel provides harmonic accuracy and soundstage layering. This single gain stage provides all of the voltage gain for the entire amplifier.
- Stereo amplifier: 200 watts per channel into 8 ohms; 400 watts per channel into 4 ohms
- Amplifier has a built-in high-pass crossover: 6 dB / octave, 16 settings from 40 Hz to 200 Hz in approximate 10 Hz increments.
- Single-ended and balanced inputs provide extended compatibility.
- Direct input bypasses all crossovers and switching for ultimate purity.
- Bus technology reduces power supply impedance between output devices for more instantaneous current.
- Power supply uses two transformers and three chokes. The high current section uses a dedicated transformer and choke input power supply. The vacuum tube B+ power supply has choke input and is discretely regulated. The result is unequalled clarity and control.
- Cardas patented rhodium-plated binding post with single knob lockdown.
- All aluminum chassis construction assures durability.
- Stainless steel cover for transformers prevents magnetic fields from interacting with sensitive audio circuitry, preserving low level musical nuances.
- RS232 control and trigger for special installation requirements.
"Naming an amplifier after the Titan who supported the firmament—or the world itself—is a gutsy thing to do. However, Jim White's Aesthetix Atlas makes a strong case for a power amp being the structural support of a hi-fi system. Certainly, the construction and quality of the Atlas are in keeping with its namesake.
But for all its strength and grunt, the Aesthetix Atlas revealed itself to be quite graceful in its portrayal of music and music's physical, insubstantial substance. No one could call the Atlas a "bargain" at $8000, but neither could they gainsay its worth. It's one of the really great amplifiers I've had in my system recently, and I hope I'll be listening to it even more in the months to come."
Read more at https://www.stereophile.com/solidpoweramps/aesthetix_atlas_power_amplifier/index.html
Golden Ear Award from The Absolute Sound
Class A rating from Stereophile
5 Stars from What Hi Fi
Read the Stereophile review from Wes Phillips!
Read the 5-Star review from What Hi Fi?:
From Aesthetix's website, about the Atlas: