Note: Just added like new Klotz RCA phono cable and extremely nice Denon DL-103 to package. Found them in a box of other audio cables/gear in closet and I'm adding them to the sale...everything you need to get this table up and running.
VPI Aries Scoutmaster with JMW-9 in excellent condition. Here are the details:
- The acrylic platter is in Excellent condition.
- The plinth is Excellent condition.
- The ball bearing on the platter spindle is new and was just replaced by VPI and has less than 10 hours of use.
- On the arm base, the tungsten spike bearing and bearing post are brand new and have less than 10 hours use. The rest of the base is original, but looks as if new.
- Armwand & armwand clamp are new and have less than 10 hours on them. The wiring to the lemo connector is perfect, as is the junction box for the RCA cables and ground wire.
- The stainless steel Periphery Ring Clamp (with additional replacement felts for the inside of the clamp) looks great and is in near perfect condition
- HRX Stainless Steel Weight, Good condition.
- JMW-9 Alignment Tool, power cable for motor and VPI Felt Mat included.
- I will also throw in a tube of white lithium grease for the platter bearing.
- The adjustable feet are in perfect condition.
- The motor runs strong and is in excellent condition.
- ADDITIONALLY...a Klotz 1m Phono Interconnect cable in perfect condition and Denon DL-103 with excellent stylus
I’m conservatively listing this as an 8/10 just to be fair based on the table’s age. However, with the new platter bearing, tonearm bearing and armwand, some of the critical components are as new.
The only issue (which is not with the table): There are five very small superficial dings in the HRX weight. Seeing as how this very minor issue does not impact playback, I never worried about it. If requested, I will send higher rez pics to interested parties, so that you can see exactly how nice the table actually is.
There is no cartridge or RCA cable included. Everything pictured is included except the brass bases seen beneath the feet. They are sold.
If shipped, the table will be packed in the original VPI Scoutmaster box, double boxed, and the armwand in a separate box within. There will be a piece of hard pegboard material at the bottom and top of the inside of the box for extra security and stiffness during shipping. I pack well and want your table to reach you safely.
Local cash and carry pickup or domestic US shipping only. Payment by Cash (if local sale) or Paypal only if shipped. Buyer pays 3% Paypal fees, and actual shipping costs. Once you confirm that you will purchase the table, you decide if you want it ground or expedited, and I will provide you with shipping costs through fedex which will include insurance. Tracking info will be provided on the day of shipment. Please allow 2-3 days to pack and ship.
Please contact me for additional information. Thanks, Jim